Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Thursday, October 11, 2007

Happy Birthday Little Man!

I woke up bright and early on the morning of October 11. My csection was scheduled for 8:30 a.m. Hubby had to get our then kindergartener to her friend's house so they could get her on the bus... and get my then 3 year old to my mother in law's. Then he was supposed to be at the hospital around 8. I managed to get a shower and waited around nervously until the big moment.

Finally it was here. And hubby was no where to be found. But the show had to go on. They wheeled me down the hall to the surgery. It took a while to get everything prepped... and when they were done, hubby still was not there. I wanted someone to be with me so since my parents were there, they started getting my mom ready when finally, along came Hubby! Turns out he'd been stuck in traffic.

The actual csection only took about a half hour from start to finish. And of course, I couldn't see a thing with the lovely blanket they drape up there. Nicholas was born at 8:36 am. My doc held him up for Andy to take pictures... (turned out he had a true knot in his cord which we've got a great picture of) but the doc failed to hold him up high enough for Mommy to see him before he was whisked away to the NICU. Yeah, that made me a little sad.... But when they told me that he was breathing on his own, it made it a little easier. Andy went and got more pictures and brought them back to show me (on the little digital screen) while I was being sewn back up. Everyone kept telling me how absolutely adorable he was. Hey... no fair that they're seeing my sweetie before me!

He weighed a tiny 3 lbs 11 oz! A full half pound lighter than the ultrasound two days earlier had estimated. The nurses commented on what a little fighter he was from the beginning. He did not like the poking and prodding one bit and let them know in no uncertain terms! LOL That's my boy!

I had to go to recovery and then eventually to my room so it was a couple hours before I got to see my perfect (tiny) little angel. Once I could get up out of bed (after the spinal had worn off) they wheeled me down to the NICU where I laid eyes on Nicholas for the very first time. What a little beauty he was!! Soooooooo incredibly tiny and so incredibly cute! He actually had a full head of dark hair and looked perfect in every way.

Here is a picture of me and Nicholas meeting for the very first time...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

(forgive my swollen face... pre-eclampsia is not a kind disease! LOL)

And another of him just minutes after his birth...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Happy First Birthday Nicholas Andrew! I cannot imagine life without you... and thank God every day for answering a special prayer.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Fine pictures. Happy Birthday, Nicolas. It must bring back those memories for you, Cathy.

Michele sent me here.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

I hope he had a great birthday. You sure went through a lot.

9:04 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

Michele sent me over, Cathy.

Happy birthday to Nicholas. I hope you've both recovered from that ordeal a year ago. It sounds very stressful--though in the end cradling your son in your arms made it all worthwhile.

9:20 PM  
Blogger louann said...

A bit late but Happy Birthday to your little man! May he be blessed with another good year ahead :)

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home