Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Monday, October 08, 2007

One Year Ago

Last October, I had Nicholas. He wasn't due until November 24 but due to circumstances beyond our control, we got to meet him a little sooner.

Monday, Oct 9 of last year, I went to the doctor. I'd been the Wednesday and Friday before also... and they've found a lot of protein in one of the tests and I was swelling up a storm. But my blood pressure was still fine. SO on Friday, I was given the go-ahead to go to a scrapbook retreat for the entire weekend. My hubby was less than thrilled that I was going because he thought I was doing too much and with all the swelling and protein, he was worried. But being the independent stubborn ole' fart that I am, I went anyways. And got around 4o pages done in my scrapbooks.

Cut back to the Monday doctor appt. My mom had come along with my two girls because I was having an ultrasound to see how big the baby was. We had the ultrasound and the baby measured 4 lbs 3 oz. Then we waited for the appt. When it was time, I went back by myself while my mom waited in the waiting room with my girls.

The first thing the nurse did was take my blood pressure. And unlike the Friday before, it was high- 150/100. That along with the swelling and the protein was not a good sign. They had me lie on my side and took it again a few minutes later and though it was better, it was still high.

The doc came in and told me straight up that I was going to the hospital now. Say what?! Did you say the hospital?! I went outside and with tears in my eyes, told my mom. She and the girls came back inside with me while I got further instructions. I was to go straight to the hospital without going home. Now it just so happened that on that day, I had left the house without my cell phone (and so did my mom!) so we had no way to call anyone. AND it just so happened that my husband was golfing that day at a course I did not know the name of... and he did not have a phone either... so we could not get ahold of him.

The doc office let us use the phone and we called my dad and my mother-in-law so they could pass the word. My dad's job was to get ahold of Andy however he could. My mom and the girls and I headed to the hospital where I was immediately admitted. Eventually, my dad got ahold of my hubby and he got there as quick as he could. My mom left with the girls (and stayed at our house with them until Andy could get home) and my sister showed up.

Up to this point, I was still thinking they were going to let me go home on bedrest. There was no way I was having my baby this soon. That night at the hospital, I got my first steroid shot. Guess I should have figured it out then that I was, in fact, not going home. My sister, who is a nurse, decided she was not leaving me until my blood pressure was regulated so she slept/sat in the chair beside my bed all night long watching my blood pressure every time they took it. Throughout the night, it went up and down. I didn't sleep much with all of the constant interruptions to take my stats...

(to be continued with Tuesday's happenings...)

~~ On another note,

If you've read this blog before, you know how much I enjoy making slideshows. For Nicholas' first birthday, I made one to show at the party. After all the time I've used this particular program, Hubby finally showed me how to share it online! LOL He said I'd never asked! Dork.

Anyways, the original that I showed at the party was twice as long but I had to cut it down to ten minutes to upload it to youtube. The quality of the pictures sucks (they were much better on the original) but when I converted it to an mpeg, the quality went wayyyyyyyyyyy down.

But I did get it uploaded. SOOOOOO... if you're interested, here's the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDvI5Nwph84

3 Comments:

Blogger Tiffany said...

WOW, you sure went through a lot. Im so glad everything turned out ok. How scary for you all.

...Its Wednesday...Im ready for the "to be continued" To be continued now! Did that make sence?

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL... yeah, that made sense Tiffany! I waited until today since tomorrow is his actual birthday! ;) I got a day ahead of myself on Monday! LOL

2:13 PM  
Blogger Laura McIntyre said...

I loved reading this, looking forward to the rest. Not watched th slideshow yet due to lack of time but will tonight hopefulyl

3:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home