Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Sunday, August 19, 2007

Coming to an End...

We're down to just three more days till school starts. And three more days till my baby girl becomes an official first grader. Where in the world has the summer gone!??! Even more so, where in the world have the last six years gone!??!?!

I admit... I haven't been very good about getting her back on a good waking up early schedule. I am soooooo not a morning person. Especially if baby brother is up in the middle of the night! But I have been getting her up a little earlier than normal. And I figure she'll adjust pretty quickly once school starts. Although, I do imagine she'll be one tired little girl for at least the first couple months. She's not used to being in school the whole day!

We go Tuesday to meet her teacher. From everything I've been told, she's very nice! We came home and looked her up on the school website as soon as we found out which teacher she had. I'm excited to see what kind of year she'll have! Her kindergarten teacher has moved up to first grade this year... and J was a little sad that she didn't get her as a teacher again. But I'm thinking the change will be good for her.

So, we've got two more days to cram some fun into before we buckle down to homework and earlier bedtimes and catching the bus. Tomorrow, I think maybe we'll make a little trip to the DQ and the park. And Tuesday afternoon, I've already arranged for Grandma to keep baby brother so J and C and I can go see Shrek III! It'll be C's first time at the movie theater, believe it or not! Should be lots of fun... and we'll be sure to load up on popcorn and licorice before we head in!

Next time I write, I'll be able to share pictures of my cute little first grader. I've already told her I'm taking a picture of her holding her lunchbox with one hand and raising one finger on her other hand to indicate that she's in first grade. My mother-in-law did a first day picture like that with my hubby... whatever grade he's in, he's holding up that many fingers. Cute, eh? Gotta carry on that tradition.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tiffany said...

I bet she will love the 1st grade! She seems like such an easy going little girl! Cant wait to see her in a pretty outfit for the first day back! Lots of luck for your first day Jenna!

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home