Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Sunday, July 22, 2007

All Partied Out!

This weekend was my inlaw's 50th Wedding Anniversary celebration.

What a weekend! It started off Friday when we went over to start helping set up. We had the party at their house. They have a gorgeous huge yard with a pond running through it, a barn that's over 100 years old, a built in pool, yadda, yadda, yadda...

We were over there till after 11 that night getting things ready. Then Saturday morning involved last minute details of running to the store, re-watching the slide show one more time, printing a label for the cd, etc, etc, etc. We went over around 2. Spent the next two hours running around like chickens with our heads cut off. In the middle of all the set-up, my sil's friend came and took a family picture.... all 28 of us! She did some individual family shots after that. Can't wait to see them. We're actually going to get my mil and fil a huge portrait to hang over the fireplace for Christmas.

Finally, it was time for the party. My inlaws knew about the party but we made them leave around 4 so that the surprise could come and set up. They came back at 5 to a driveway lined with guests and a private concert by none other than ELVIS! LOL My mil LOVES LOVES LOVES Elvis. SO we hired an impersonator to come and perform. Tons of fun. He sang for about a half hour.

After that, we ate and socialized then around 7:30, we gathered everyone around to watch the slideshow. It was a huge hit. wub.gifMade all the hours I sat working on it worth it! One funny happening... Hubby found a speech on the internet. So, he's up front reading it, in all serious mode, when all of a sudden, Cass comes running up to the house... through the middle of the group BUTT NAKED!!!! Yeah, just call her the streak! She'd been swimming in the pool and took off her suit... her clothes were in the house! LOL It just so happened that Hubby was on a line about the doctor saying those words, "It's a boy... or It's a Girl", and here comes Cass. Everyone got a huge kick out of it. I ran her inside and got her clothes on while he finished his speech. People laughed about it and talked about it the rest of the party. Basically, she's a legend in her own time! 6.gif

After the slideshow, lots of people hung around and ate and drank. I ended up finally taking Nicholas home around 11:00. Hubby and the girls (and most of the rest of the nieces and nephews) ended up just spending the night at my inlaws.

Today, we spent the day cleaning up, the kids swam again, and we ate the leftovers from last night. It was after 9 when we finally got home!


I'm exhausted... think I'll get ready and hit the hay!

Now that the party's over, I have to start working on getting my ebay crap listed AND start getting ready for my moms' group clothing sale. It's not till the end of September but I have a ton of things to get ready for it!


It's always something, eh?

2 Comments:

Blogger Tiffany said...

So glad to hear it went well!!! Cant wait to see the pictures of everyone. See you in 12 days :) The countdown has begun...lol

7:07 AM  
Blogger Laura McIntyre said...

It sounds like it was a great but tiring party , looks forward to seing piccies

5:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home