Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Sunday, July 15, 2007

A Celebration

I am currently working on a slideshow to celebrate my in-laws' 50th wedding anniversary. We're having a party for them at their house next weekend. They have a huge gorgeous yard so why not show it off during a celebration of their life together?

So anyways, the slideshow is of pictures from their lives... clear back from their childhood all the way up to the present. Five kids and sixteen grandkids plus countless friends and family makes for a LOT of pictures! I've used about 200 of them and could have used more but we don't want the guests to have to sit through a 40 minute show! LOL As it is, it'll be around 20 minutes.

I'm just about at the point where I'm ready to add some music behind the pictures. So far, I have two picked out... Memories by Elvis (my mother in law LOVES him!) to start the show and With this Ring by the Platters. I'll probably need at least another five songs to finish out the pictures.

My mother in law gave me her wedding album to scan pictures for the show. In the back of the album is a picture that stole my heart. I'm using it at the beginning of the slideshow. The rest of the wedding pictures don't start for another 30 or pictures but this one begged to be seen first...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It just seems so timeless to me. The looks on their faces anticipating the future. The future that I and my children are now a part of...

What do you think?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cathy, that picture is, as you say timeless and I did not want to take my eyes off it. They both look so wonderful.....

Michele sent me here to wish you luck with your slide show.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

That's a beautiful picture. I wish our wedding photographer had been as creative as that , we have fairly standard studio portraits. I hope they are still as much in love as they were then. Michele and I say all the best for the big celebration.

3:37 PM  
Blogger carmilevy said...

It is an absolutely breathtaking image. It speaks volumes as soon as one lays eyes on it.

This is why I became a photographer, because one day, I want to take a picture that conveys this kind of emotion this effectively. How cool that you're putting the slideshow together: you're a good soul.

I noticed you had been skipped at Michele's. Since I know you always have something fun going on here, I thought I'd drop by and say hi. How opportune for me.

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Classic! We did the same when our parents 50th came around. It went down in history. So glad we did. Michele sent me tonight.

9:31 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh, That is an amazing wonderful picture...They are so beautiful....And I love the way the photographer used the shadows and the background...!Lovely, beyond words.....I wish them a truly glorious 50th Anniversary....1957....A good year!
Michele sent me here today and I am so happy she did!

10:48 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

WOW how special that will be for them! Tha picture is great! Hope everyone enjoys the show!

7:36 PM  
Blogger Laura McIntyre said...

What a wonderful picture, they look so young happy and in love. Will you share the slide show when done?

1:58 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

That is a gorgeous picture and a true keepsake. I'd frame it and display it in my house!

Hope the big party goes well!

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home