Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Thursday, June 28, 2007

Reminiscing

I've got a gazillion pictures stored in folders on my computer. Clear back from when we got our first digital camera in 2001. Each folder is dated with the date that I uploaded them. So it's pretty easy to find what I'm looking for when I go back to search for pictures for slideshows or scrapbooking or to share with someone. Recently, I started going through them and deleting the ones that I didn't want. Often, I'll take 10-20 pictures of the same thing and end up liking only two or three. Once I upload them, I rarely get around to deleting the ones that aren't so good. But to clear up some space on our hard drive, that's what I've been doing the past week or so. My criteria is that if I might possibly use it in a slideshow one day, I'll keep it. If not, I'm hitting the delete button. I've already printed the ones I wanted and put them in a scrapbook (at least most of them!... I am a little behind!). Plus all of them are backed up a cd.

Oh my! What fun I'm having reminiscing, looking at the pictures of my cuties when they were little winky tinks. It's been fun and bittersweet to see how their looks have changed from baby babies to little people. My girls still have the same spark in their eyes that they've had from the beginning... the same cute little mischievous grins that capture everyone's heart. But they're also growing up before my eyes, in warp speed as I go through folder after folder. There are newborn pictures, pictures of "firsts," pictures from holidays, the county fair, our yearly camping adventures, seasonal pictures, and just day-to-day fun. Pictures that one day we'll look back on and giggle and possibly even cry, as loved ones in the pictures are no longer with us.

I am currently up to summer of 05 so I have plenty more to go through.

Hmmm... maybe I should start a new folder for pics that I can show to their (way in the) future boyfriends. I can think of a couple that I know will embarrass them. Hee Hee Hee....

Ok, I'm off to reminisce some more...

5 Comments:

Blogger carmilevy said...

Happy sigh. I love going through old pics. It makes me glad that we've always taken the time to grab the camera. It's an important touchstone of our kids' lives.

Please tell me you're also backing them up to CD or DVD. I've heard so many horror stories of hard drive crashes wiping out years of pictures.

I cringe just thinking about it.

10:25 PM  
Blogger shoeaddict said...

Hello, Michele sent me. Your kiddies are cute. Your oldest looks just like a friend of mine.

I love looking at old pictures and remembering. I'm sorry your beach plans didn't work out :(

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I did something similar a few months ago (right after I got my scanner & started putting a bunch of non-digital pictures on my hard drive) It is fun to do but it takes so much time!
I have to take Carmi's suggestion though & buy some discs to get my pictures backed up because they're not right now (& I should know better- just never thought about it before)
Thanks for stopping by my blog tonight.

10:18 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

How cute! I love doing that. I just went through Ryleighs pics the otherday so I could pu some good ones on my blog from each month of her life. It was so fun! I can imagine looking back at them when shes 5 or 6 and thinking of all the memories that happend that day. FUN

12:52 PM  
Blogger Laura McIntyre said...

Is't it wonderful looking back , i have been doing the same thing recently going back and editing alot of the pictures to fix light and stuff. I would love to see some of the pictures if you wanted to share.

3:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home