Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Friday, June 15, 2007

Bounce Bounce Baby

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Ok, so I bought this for Nicholas a month or two ago. And have been happy with it. Until today. The part on the right that has the mirror.... the mirror broke off. When I picked it up to try to put it back on, I noticed that there was paint chipped/scratched off of the little animal figure that is attached to the mirror. From Nicholas chewing on it!!! I was able to use my fingernail and easily scratch more off.

SO, I found a phone number on the back of the seat and called customer service. The lady proceeded to offer to send me a replacement part!!! Huh? Send a replacement for a part that is defective??? Another piece that my son can chew and eat more paint!? She told me that she had never heard of any other complaints of this happening. Which I find hard to believe. We had about a ten minute conversation which ended with her telling me I was rude and asking me what I expected them to do about it, other than replacing the part!!! She had the gall to compare the situation to buying a piece of defective clothing then taking it back and expecting the store to take every piece of that clothing off the shelf. Just because of one defect. In my opinion, this was not even a close comparison.

I am planning to call back on Monday and speak to another customer service rep. The beyotch today told me my son must have been teething pretty hard to scrape off the paint. Give me a break... he has two bottom teeth. Tonight, I was looking closer at the whole exersaucer and noticed other places where the paint is coming off from his teething.

Am I wrong to think they need to correct this problem rather than just mailing out the same defective part to replace it?

**edited to add a picture...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The larger part on the bottom is where I picked off paint with my fingernail that had already started scratching off. The rest is from his chewing. Notice the black on one of the eyes is gone.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like a moon unit. At least they don't use lead in paint anymore. Michele sent me.

10:55 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Here from Michele's anf NO, you are absolutely correct!
Ask for a Supervisor and if that is not satisfying, ask the Supervisor for someone above him/her....! That absolutely needs to be corrected on ALL those products. Stick to your guns!

10:56 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

no you're not wrong at all! I would even contact the consumer safety board about it as well. I hope they resolve the issue.

11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suppose he had hurt himself on that broken mirror!

Give them a piece of your mind.

Here from Michele's blog.

12:04 AM  
Blogger Mandy Jo said...

I would be furious too! First off, I don't think a baby with 2 teeth can chew paint off and if they can, there is a problem! And to compare it to a defective peice of clothing. a babies toy should not fall apart or chip paint off! I agree with Jessica about contacting the consumer safety board also.

8:22 AM  
Blogger sage said...

Give it to 'em. I would be worried about the paint--if it's molded plastic, I wouldn't think they'd be any paint. Even though they don't use leaded paint in the US, it probably wasn't made in the US and as we seen with our dogfood, other countries, especially China, don't have the same safety regulations. Here from Michele's to help you continue your ranting! BTW, cute kids!

11:29 AM  
Blogger Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I'm with you, Cathy. Stand up for your kids; we're the only ones who can!

Michele sent me.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

You are right to follow through on this one. Keep on them.

Michele sent me.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Stick to it until you get a good resolution. Hopefully you have the girls name who you spoke with the first time . the company needs to be on top of her as well as their product!

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home