Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Monday, February 12, 2007

Nicholas' Baptism & a 4 month update

Everything went well at Nicholas' Baptism!!

I found out when I was filling out the Baptism papers a couple weeks ago that only one of the Godparents has to be Catholic. The other just has to be a Christian. SO, we asked Hubby's brother to be the Godfather and I asked my sister to be his Godmother. She was so tickled when I asked her (last week) and looked so proud yesterday. wub.gif The way I see it, my baby boy will basically have two sets of Godparents... my sister in law and my brother in law will be his honorary ones.

The Baptism was after church... and there were three other kiddos being Baptized. Nicholas was the only baby baby. We did the immersion Baptism where the Priest actually dips the baby into the Baptismal font three times. Nicholas wasn't too keen on that but he didn't cry near as much as I thought he would. And he quieted down as soon as I had his little naked body wrapped back up in the towel. I was very anxious to get a diaper back on him though! LOL But I had to wait till the other Baptisms were done. Luckily, he didn't go pee pee all over me!

The party afterwards was chaotic but fun. I'm still working on getting everything cleaned up from it! I hate that part! LOL

In other news, we just went in for Nicholas' four month appt today.... he's finally on the charts!! His weight today was 11lbs 10.5 oz! Third %ile! GO NICHOLAS! On the preemie charts, he's around the 30th-40th %ile for height, weight, and head circ.

The nurse said he is doing wonderfully! She was impressed with how well he holds his head up when on his belly and with the fact that he is already rolling over from tummy to back. They don't adjust his age on the developmental charts... but he's doing everything a four month old should be doing! smile.gif

She found some Neosure formula for us that the company rep had left. Three cans... and they each have 2 $2 off coupons inside the lid! Over a $50 value! Gotta love that. We talked about cereal and I told her I'm holding off till at least 6 months and she said that was just fine since he's growing like he should!

This coming Thursday, he goes in for his next hearing test. He'll be sedated for this one so we should get an accurate result on the amount of hearing loss he has. I am hoping against hope that it is better than the previous hearing test result. But also preparing myself that it could be worse. If it shows the same results as the last one, I imagine we'll start looking at getting him hearing aids soon. I want him to have them before his language starts developing.

If you're the praying kind, please keep my sweetie pie in your thoughts on Thursday...

3 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

Consider it done...

4:02 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

We will keep him in our thoughts on Thursday. He looked precious in the picture you posted. He sounds like he is growing wonderfully.

11:33 PM  
Blogger carmilevy said...

I'm praying that everything goes well tomorrow. I'm tickled that his baptism went so well. Such happiness...happy sigh.

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home