Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Thursday, December 28, 2006

Time for a Nicholas update!

I had to take him in today for his synagis shot (to help prevent rsv). We have to do it monthly. He only cried for a few minutes and is currently snoozing in his carseat behind me. They weighed him and he is up to 9 lbs 5 oz! Still fitting in 0-3 month stuff of course. In fact, most of it is still big on him. Which is good because we have a ton of that size. AND a ton of 3-6.

We were just at the office for his shot but one of the docs came in and talked to me for a few minutes about his hearing, just to get updated. And the nurse prac we see most of the time checked in with us too to see how we were doing. She said she thinks about us a lot. I'd told her before that Andy was having a hard time coping so she asked how that was going. And she told me about another family they see who has a four year old with hearing loss. She mentioned having the mother call us. I'm all for talking to others to see how they are handling the hearing loss.


Oh, and guess who is almost sleeping through the night?!?! Yep, my big boy! I usually feed him his last bottle around 10 and put him in bed by 11:00. Last night, he was up at 4:15, back in bed at 5:00, and slept until after 9 when I had to wake him to eat and get ready to go to the doc.

The night before last, he slept from 11:00 till 6! That's the longest he's gone! It is soooo nice getting a long stretch of sleep at night! I just hope it continues...

4 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

Sounds as though things are going well. I'm glad that you are getting in touch with other families with similar struggles. Support in any situation is huge!

Yay for such long stretches of sleep! How exciting for all of you!

Hoping your christmas was full of all good things, a time for you to recharge....

8:26 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Well, I hope so too! I am here from Michele tonight and it is good to visit you, my dear!

I may have missed something in the last 6 weeks or so...but I take it from what you wrote that your dear boy has hearing loss....or, is it that his hearing has just not caught up with the growth things, given he was a preemie...Forgive me for not knowing...

I hope and pray he is doing well in all departments!

And, A Very Very Happy New Year To You And Yours!

12:06 AM  
Blogger kenju said...

I hope so too, Cathy! Michele sent me to say Happy New Year!

9:32 PM  
Blogger carmilevy said...

This is wonderful news. You deserve lots of precious sleep.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that he continues his sleep-happy ways. What a wonderful way to start the new year!

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home