Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Some not-so-good news...

So, in the hospital, Nicholas did not pass the hearing screening in one of his ears. The other ear passed both times they did it. I figured, not a big deal. We'd just have him rescreened and everything would be fine.

Yesterday, I took him to our local children's hospital to be re-screened. He failed in both ears this time. sad.gif

The next step is to go for diagnostic testing next Friday. They are going to try and pinpoint how much hearing loss he has (if any) and then we'll from there.

Hubby is taking this all reallllllllllllllllllllly hard. I am too but not to the extent that he is. I'm more in the "ok, let's figure out what the problem is and deal with it" mode. He is in the "woe is me... why is this happening..." mode.

Since we knew he didn't pass one ear in the hospital, we've been paying attention to how he reacts to sounds. And unless it's pretty loud, he doesn't even flinch most of the time. I cannot remember when it is that newborns start really reacting to things on a consistent basis. And being that his due date is still two days away, he is technically still a very new newborn.


Anyways... just wanted to share and ask for some prayers for our little one. The next week is going to be very trying for Hubby and me until we can get him in for further testing. So if you can say some extra prayers that we both don't go nuts waiting (and that Hubby doesn't go into more of a tailspin!), I'd appreciate it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

(hugs!) Of course I'll keep Nicolas and the rest of you in my prayers. I can't imagine how upsetting this would be. (Why didn't you say something on the group????? You know we'd all support you.)

11:20 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

***HUGS*** to all of you!! We will keep all of you in our thoughts and light a candle for strength & love to get you through whatever might be the outcome. Please please know this isn't the end of the world. We learned baby signs with both our kids and have taken sign language classes. IF Nicholas has hearing loss life is still wonderful for all of you. You all just get to learn another language. :-) Please holler if you need support. You know we are here for you!

11:30 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Heavenly Father please be with Cathy and her family now as they are dealing with this difficult news. Please lay your hand on precious Nicholas. We know you are the great healer and that You are capable of anything. We ask that You wrap your arms around Cathy and her husband as they wait to find out more, and that You be a source of comfort for them no matter the outcome. We thank You for Nicholas realizing that he is a miracle himself and knowing that you are able we ask that You heal his ears. Amen.

6:24 AM  
Blogger utenzi said...

Michele sent me, Cathy.

I hope that Nicholas' hearing turns out to be okay in time. What with the early birth and his low weight at that time I expect some things might develop at a different rate.

Happy Thanksgiving to you, your husband, and both your kids Cathy. God bless.

11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

there is so much they can do for these babies, don't give up hope, you still don't really even have the proper testing done. i'll be thinking of you and your family.

8:56 PM  
Blogger carmilevy said...

I am praying for all three of you. I don't remember much of my own early childhood, but I spent much of it in hospital after I was diagnosed with a serious developmental disability in my legs. They weren't sure if I'd be able to walk, and it took a lot of surgery and physio until it worked itself out.

I know I stressed my parents beyond the breaking point. Yet they prevailed. As will you. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers. Nicholas is incredibly lucky to have such caring parents.

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home