Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Telling the Grandmas Apart...

The other night, I was telling Cass we were going to see Grandma the next day. She looks at me and asks, "Black grandma?!" huh.gif

I quickly figured out she was talking about her hair color (hubby's mom has black hair). So then I said, "No, my mommy. Which grandma is she?!"

Without missing a beat she says, "Orange Grandma!" My mom has reddish brown hair!! LOL


All day yesterday, that is how she referred to them. Everyone got a kick out of it. Hubby's mom wasn't necessarily thrilled about being referred to as the "black grandma" though!! laugh.gif But she thought it was pretty darn funny!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kara said...

My son in second grade was talking about this child and kept refering to him as the "black kid" this took me aback because no one in my family refers to other people like that. Just when I began to lecture him about this type casting he says, "look mommy, there he is" as a blonde haired boy trots by in his black sweat shirt..
That'll teach me to jump to conculsions.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Juliness said...

Just had to comment - I am also a redhead and when I was little, I used to grab crayons (one orange and one red) to hold up to my hair to show people they were incorrect in using the term redhead. Yeah, I was sassy even then.

Oh, and Michele sent me.

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home