Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Friday, May 12, 2006

The cat is out of the bag...

It's hard to believe I am almost 12 weeks along! (the ticker on top is a few days ahead, according to the ultrasounds I've had). I'm still not showing a whole lot and can fit into most of the regular clothes. But I know that soon I'll be having to dig out the maternity junk I've got tucked away!

Anyways, now that I am able to hear the heartbeat on a doppler that I rented online, we finally decided to tell Jenna about the baby a few nights ago.

But I think we went about it in the wrong way! Poor kid!

I thought it would be cool for her to be able to hear the baby's heartbeat... and I thought she might remember the monitor from when I was pg with Cass. So what we did was have her come in the bedroom when I was listening to the heartbeat. Her poor face almost turned white and she looked like she was going to cry!! OOPS! I think the sound of something coming from my belly scared her just slightly.

Pretty much all she wanted to do was cling to Daddy! LOL We talked to her for a few minutes (after I turned the monitor off, of course!) and she slowly came around to the idea and thought it was pretty cool... but she was still pretty reserved. I reminded her that she'd been praying for a brother and she said she wants a sister now!!!! LOL Little bit late to be changing her mind, wouldn't ya say?!?! Before she went to bed that night, she made me go into Cassidy's room and tell her. Cassidy told me, "No, I the baby!" I doubt she'll get it for a long time!

The next morning when I woke Jenna up, she kept smiling and looking at my belly. She's asked a lot of questions since then and keeps talking about when the baby is born. I think she's pretty excited... and not scarred too much from the other night! LOL

Today, she drew the cutest picture of our family. Everyone is labeled. The one labeled "Mommy" has a circle around the belly with a baby drawn inside. How sweet is that?! It's currently hanging front and center on our refrigerator. wub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gif

No doubt, it'll soon be placed in the new baby's box of mementos...

3 Comments:

Blogger marlynn said...

Awww, that's such a sweet story! I love the description of the picture she drew. I bet she'll just get more and more excited - and keep asking more and more questions!

12:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

both of my girls are november babies!
it will be an exciting time for your little ones, they just need some time to understand what is about to happen in the family.

5:36 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Awww...how sweet. I'm glad J's okay with it now.

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home