Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Friday, March 24, 2006

I'm back... and boy, do I have a tale to tell!

So... A LOT has happened since I last wrote. My break turned out to be a bit longer than I was intending it to be!

But the good news is it's definitely been productive. I finally started a diet some time back in January. Started eating healthier, drinking more water, cutting back on junk, exercising, taking a yoga class, etc., etc. For the first time in my life, I was able to stick with it and actually see results. And I'm proud to report that I've lost about 15-16 pounds. Only ten more pounds to go and I would have been at my goal weight. Notice I said "would have."

I made a goal a month or so ago that when I reached 15 lbs, I was going to reward myself by buying a new Quilted Keepers purse. (they're similar to Vera Bradleys for any purse whores out there!) Finally, this week, I reached my goal. Yahoo for me!

But I haven't gone out and bought a new purse yet.

"Why?" you might ask.

Well, I've had other things on my mind this week. Unexpectedly, I got another "reward" for my weight loss.

Take a look see.

Yep, that's right. All the weight I lost and then some is coming right back.

If that doesn't prove God has a sense of humor, I don't know what does.


9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, Cathy! What a surprise you got this week. Congratulations on the weight loss, and the upcoming event. I'm sure that the weight loss had something to do with the latter. They say that even a small weight loss can trigger a hormone surge and voila!

Here via Michele

3:24 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I still think it's hilarious, especially after all the hoops you when through with the first two. LOL! ENJOY! And you totally deserve that purse!

3:35 PM  
Blogger Misti said...

CONGRATS GIRL!!!!! I am so excited for you!!! Oh i can't wait to read the journey this takes you on. you better stick around blog world.
I love being pg, love it. But not enough to do it again ;)

5:02 PM  
Blogger carmilevy said...

That is wonderful news! Blessings happen for a reason, and I'm glad to see you're twice blessed.

Your break from blogging has proven to be a fruitful one. Way to go!

6:10 PM  
Blogger Star said...

Congratulations, and again , congratulations, You can still keep up with the sensible eating and sensible exercise. Then you will be that much ahaead after the baby is born. You surely deserve that purse! Michele sent me.

11:10 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Congratulations on your expected arrival! Yes indeed, God definitely has a sense of humor! But just think these ponds are not just fat...there's going to be 'a little stranger'. Hooray for you!

Here from Michele today and glad to say Much GoodLuck To You and Your Growing Baby

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is big news! Looks like you'll be busier than ever in a few months.

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats!!!!
it's not weight you've got coming, it's a baby, so much worth it.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am sooooo excited for you!!!

6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home