Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Potty Woes

(warning: not for the faint of heart... LOL)

Cass, my just-turned-two-year-old has started taking off her diaper ALOT. Just this morning, I went in to wake her up and found her sleeping in her big girl bed with just her shirt on. Her diaper was lying to the side and her pants were farther down the bed. UGH!! And of course, she sheets and shirt were wet with pee. And she's lying there sleeping peacefully. I had to strip her bed and the sheets are comforter and pj's are currently in the wash.

The other day, I went into her room at naptime and she was lying by the door sleeping.... with her diaper off. UGH!!!! She'd only been asleep a short time as she'd spent 2 hours playing while she should have been napping!!!!! But I had to wake her and put a diaper on her so our carpet didn't end up soiled. However, she didn't want me to put a diaper on. So I got out her new Care Bear panties and put them on her instead. Then I kept asking her if she had to go peepee. Nope. The little fart will not even try to go on the potty but yet she won't keep her diaper on!! UGH!! Right before we ate, I decided to put a pullup on her because I didn't want her having an accident in her booster seat. When we were done eating, I checked her and she'd peed. Did she tell me? Nope. Just went right on playing.

This past Sunday, Jenna and I went to church. Left C here with Andy.

Guess what I came home to?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Daddy sleeping on the couch and Cass in the other room with her POOPY diaper off and poo ground into the carpet. She'd used her hands so they were covered too. She went straight into the bath.

If you can't tell, I'm frustrated! I honestly do not think she is at the point where she's ready to potty train. The longest she's ever sat on it has been, oh, 15 seconds or so. If I ask her if she's ready to wear big girl panties, the answer is always a resounding NO! If I encourage her to sit on the potty, she is up in a matter of seconds. Then she wants to run around sans diaper.

My older child was a bit of a challenge in this department too... although she never took her diapers off! But when she was 2, there was no way she was going to use that potty! When she turned 3, and was ready, I trained her in about 3 days.

Cass isn't giving me the "luxury" of waiting till she's three.

I think next time I'm shopping, I'm going to pick up a bag of M&M's and try using them as a reward. That is one thing that worked with Jenna. But Cass has proven to be different to J in a lot of ways. I imagine that'll carry on to potty training...

Any advice?! I'm already trying to figure out a way to sew her clothes on her!!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i didn't have any problems like that with any of mine, the reward system sounds like a good one. how about if you get her to sit on the potty, maybe you could sing songs to get her to stay there, or book time, just something to help pass the time.
it sounds like she is ready to be out of a diaper, and if she is, then she has to use the potty. isn't there a kids book on going potty, i remember seeing it years ago, but can't remember what it's called.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Fern Bourrie said...

Ahhhh, the potty training days. I went through it four times and it was different each time. My last one wasn't fully potty trained until he was four. Trial and error is all I can say. Better safe than sorry has some good ideas to start with

2:29 PM  
Blogger dena said...

Duct Tape ! ! !

9:12 PM  
Blogger Misti said...

ditto what Dena says. use ducktape or clear packing tape on her diaper. its a pain at diaper changes but better than soiled sheets and carpets.

good luck and don't push it or else it gets worse.

11:11 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Just because she wants to run around nakey butt doesn't mean she's close to ready for potty training. Mine wanted to be nakey butt before they were 1! LOL! Tape the diaper on, put a onesie on backwards so she can't get it off, put panties on over the diaper so the panties are what she sees, tell her she can not go without a diaper unless she is going to sit on the potty when you tell her to....all the suggestions I can think of. We did tape on the diapers for a bit. Typically a stage they go through. Good luck!

12:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks everyone! Great suggestions! She's kinda tapered off with taking her diapers off as much. Which is good because I'm not ready to potty train a kid who isn't really ready!! LOL

9:51 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Oh Cathy! No fun for you! I have no advice. My biggest complaint is boys who hold it to the last minute and then have a waterworks show in the bathroom.

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home