Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Thursday, December 29, 2005

Naptime

My two year old is trying reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly hard to give up her nap. And I'm trying just as hard to not let her!!! There are some days, maybe 40-50% of the time, that she goes down without a peep. And sleeps for about 1-2 hours.

Today is not one of those days.

Currently, it's naptime and she's in her room crying out in her crib. I just went in there and she told me she wanted to "watch Bardey! (Barney)" Nope. It's time for your nap kiddo! I leaned in, gave her a kiss, and left the room.

We'll see how it goes. I'm not real optimistic.

Cass has learned to climb out of her crib. She's been doing it for awhile now (at least six months) and while we're getting ready to move her to a big girl bed, we haven't managed to do it yet. I'm hoping once we do, naptime might become easier. A mom can still have some hope, right?!?!

A few days ago, she was in her room for two hours and did not go to sleep at all! What she did do was take all the socks and tons of blankets out of her dresser and scatter them all over the floor! Then when I went in there, she was jumping on the daybed that sits in her room. dry.gif "I jupping Mommy!" I tried putting her hiney back in her bed a couple times, and she'd climb right back out. After two hours, I gave up.

I've since taken all the blankets out of her dresser (after she did it a few more times!). Plus, I have started closing her closet door so she can't pull all the clothes (within her reach) off her hangers. Yep, she's done that too! And I "threaten" her not to go near her sock drawer. I've cleaned them up one too many times. With those little precautions, she doesn't have quite as much to get in to.

I'm slowly resigning myself to the fact that naptime is going to be coming to an end. I'm not giving up without a fight but in the end, I cannot force her to go to sleep, right?!?!

My older kiddo didn't give up her nap till she was just over three. Course, Cass has almost always done things sooner than her sister did. I was just hoping naptime wouldn't have to be one of those things!


1 Comments:

Blogger *** said...

My son didn't give up napping until threeish. Oh how I cherished nap time. Of course, now he's eight+ and self entertaining (most of the time anyway). I can all the things done that I want to do whether he awake or sleeping.

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home