Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Our Attempt at a Santa Visit

(Sorry... I've been MIA yet again... I'll blame it on the holidays and all!)

Anyways...

The other night at bedtime, I told Cass, my two year old, that we were going to see Santa the next day.

She said, "NO!"

I told her Jenna was going to see Santa and sit on his lap. And Mommy was going to see Santa too. As I was putting her in her crib, she kept repeating, "Jenna donna see Santa Claus?? Mommy donna see Santa Claus?!"

The next morning we talked about it again and she still said no, she wasn't going to see Santa. Between then and getting to the mall, she actually said a couple times that she *was* going to see Santa.

In line, it was back to NO!

So we wait at least 20 minutes and it's finally our turn. Jenna hops up on Santa's lap. I'm carrying Cassidy. As we get closer to the Big Guy, she starts frantically clinging to me saying "NO! NO!! I stared (scared) of Santa Claus!! I stared! I wanna dit out of here!!!" I attempted to sit her on his lap and she started kicking and screaming like a wild goose! So I tried to sit her down BESIDE him.

"I want outta here!!," she said (AGAIN!) and then she proceeded to take off running out of the Santa display!!! LOL That little fart is fast, I tell ya!! I chased after her and managed to catch her before she got too far. Took her back to the display (where Jenna, my four year old, was still camped out on Santa's lap) and put her in the stroller where she watched Jenna get her picture taken. The whole time, she's yelling, "I stared of Santa Claus!!" The people waiting were cracking up!

So, anyways, I paid 16 freakin dollars for a very cute 5 X 7 picture of Jenna.

The rest of the time we were at the mall and out and about, Cass kept repeating, "I don't wanna see Santa Claus! I stared of Santa!!

Ok kid, Mommy gets it! ;)

Oh well, I tried, right?!?!

Maybe we'll have better luck next year?!?!?!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right there with you sister. My almost-two-year-old was clinging to me so tightly she was shaking. Must be the age?

11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right there with you sister. My almost-two-year-old was clinging to me so tightly she was shaking. Must be the age?

11:06 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Too funny!

Michele sent me tonight.

11:44 PM  
Blogger Dak-Ind said...

hehe, im glad our son isnt scare dof santa yet. this year he loves the fat man.

3:59 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

Oh the joys.....

Somehow I bet she'll be glad to see that he paid her a visit on christmas eve though!

7:17 AM  
Blogger carmilevy said...

Even though we don't do the Santa thing, I so understand what you went through. When kids get it into their minds that they don't want to do something, not even an aircraft carrier will move them.

I've learned to give them time and space. That's not always an option - like, when they have a fit before heading off to school, and the clock is ticking - but when we have the time, it's a blessing.

Good on ya...you handled it beautifully.

11:37 AM  
Blogger HRH Courtney, Queen of Everything said...

Santa's scary when he's right there in front of you.
Much safer just coming down the chimney and leaving the gifts.
Here via Michele today.

11:40 AM  
Blogger marlynn said...

Oh I feel ya on this one. We spent $12 for a photo of our 18 month old screaming and reaching for me :)

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home