Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Saturday, November 19, 2005

I suck. :(

Guess how many times I've gone to work out at the fitness room I joined a few weeks ago??

I'm almost embarassed to admit it. But I will. I've gone once. Yep, you read that right. Only once. I wish I could say I had a great excuse like the machines are all broke or the building burned down. Or even that I was abducted by aliens. But, alas, that's not the case.

I'm just plain lazy. L A Z Y. Sure, babysitting has been a bit of an issue and I have had an eye infection (red) for a few days but there have been plenty of times I could have gone and didn't. Just last Monday morning, I was supposed to take the girls to my mother in law's so I could go work out. I called her 20 minutes before I was due to be there and cancelled. I didn't feel like getting up and getting ready. She offered to keep them Friday morning. Did I take her up on it? Nope.

I have good intentions. But getting those intentions up and outta bed is the problem.

A week or so after I joined the fitness plan, my hubby bought a bowflex machine. He got a great deal on it for $200. Guess where it's sitting?? Out in the garage up against the wall. The plan is to move it upstairs to our future workout room, which is currently my two year old's nursery. We're moving her to J's room, moving J to hubby's office, and moving his office (computer) to the room that's destined to be the workout room. Hopefully we can get this done soon before the bow flex starts collecting too much dust!

If I have a workout machine right in my very own house (along with a treadmill we're going to buy, once we find a cheap one!), then I'll have no excuse not to work out, right?!?! Babysitting won't be an issue, cold weather won't be an issue.

Only thing is.... laziness can definitely be an issue.

Please send me some "stop-being-lazy" vibes. And hurry.... quick!! The holidays (along with food, food, food) are upon us....

10 Comments:

Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

Sending all the vibes I can out your way. Boy do I understand that LAZINESS problem. I have it myself. I have several videos I used to do sitting here gathering dust but I have done nothing about it.

Michele sent me

10:58 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

I wish I knew what to tell you, but if I had a magic bullet, I'd use it on myself. I belong to a health club, but I am only there about once every 2-3 weeks. We need something to motivate us!

Michele sent me.

11:19 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Sending vibes your way, not that they are my own. I have my own laziness issues here. I even find excuses not to do my physio exercises!

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i need some of those vibes myself, i always thought that if you had to leave the house, you had more of a chance of getting to workout, but it's the getting out of the house that's hard to do.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Marcia said...

I'm not going to lie to you... I never work out. And I eat junk food. And fast food. All the time. And I dread the day that my metabolism slows, because I'm going to go from 103 to 203 lbs in about 35 seconds. I HATE the gym!

9:37 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

STOP BEING LAZY!!!!! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How was that? ;-)

11:21 AM  
Blogger Misti said...

i'llonly send the your way if ou bounce them back after your workout ;-)

5:35 PM  
Blogger marlynn said...

Getting a treadmill helps. We have one, and even though I still sit around on my lazy butt instead of use the treadmill, the guilt of it just sitting in my house sometimes makes me jump on it for a little jog now and then. Sending vibes your way!

12:32 AM  
Blogger dena said...

I'm just too darn tired to go one more place when I get home. That's why I like summer, because I stay out AND stay moving. I turn into such a slug when the weather gets cold, and the days get shorter.

11:10 PM  
Blogger carmilevy said...

The road to fitness always seems to be paved with good intentions.

I try to block time for some kind of exercise every day. When I can't cycle to work - my usual mode - I build in walks at lunch, or after the kids are in bed. As long as I pre-block a set amount of time every day, I'm good.

If I don't, I'm sunk. It's a constant struggle, but struggle we must. Otherwise, we end up like my older-than-their-years parents and in-laws. I shudder to think that I could be like them - living on pills and endless Docs' visits and complaining - if I'm not careful.

1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home