Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Thursday, March 30, 2006

A New Doc...

This past summer, the o.b. I went to for both of my girls decided to close his practice and go back to school for internal medicine. The rising malpractice insurance costs were the culprit. He could no longer afford to maintain his private practice.

Since he closed his doors in September, I hadn't gotten around to making an appt with another doctor. One of the docs he left his practice to was actually the one who delivered Jenna, my five year old (my doc wasn't on call that weekend). So when I got the positive test the other day, the first thing I did was call up and make an appt with that doctor. I figured at least I'd seen him before (and liked him!) so that would be a good thing.

After I hung up from making the appointment, I started thinking that I better check and make sure he was on our insurance plan. And he wasn't. So I was back to square one. No doctor.

I logged on to our insurance website and started looking for ob/gyn's. Wrote down a couple names and kept looking. Then I saw the name of a doctor that several of my friends see. And they've all given him and his partner glowing reviews. Cha-ching! I was back in business.

So I called and made the appt. Which, by the way, is tomorrow! My first prenatal visit. I am not even going to be far enough along to have an ultrasound but since I am a new patient and have had infertility issues in the past, they wanted to get me in quickly. I am hoping/praying/crossing my fingers that I get to go back for another visit in a week or two to get an ultrasound... where we will hopefully see the little heartbeat thump-thumping away...

I'll post an update this weekend sometime and let you know how my first visit goes!

4 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

I'll be praying that all goes well!

6:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh lord congrats.....
but I hate those visits

9:15 AM  
Blogger Ju said...

Congratulations! Ever since I've had my daughter, I just love to hear that other people are pregnant! I have a couple of friends who are due in November also.

Good luck with your appointment. I know how hard it is to try and find a good doctor and one that you like.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Star said...

good luck. How exciting. Michele sent me.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home