Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Friday, April 07, 2006

A First Glimpse

So, I went in for my first ultrasound today. AND there was a gestational sac, a yolk sac, a teeny tiny baby, AND A HEARTBEAT!!!!!!!!!

Turns out I ovulated even later than I'd thought! According to my last menstrual period, I'd be 7 weeks today. The little tiny bean measured just 6 weeks 2 days! Which means it was around day 19 when "it" happened. The heartbeat was 138 bpm.... which is very good for this early! The ultrasound tech had to zoom in so we could get a clearer view. I have a picture but it's downstairs in my purse... I'll try to scan it later. Not much to see though! LOL

But I'm just thrilled there was ANYTHING to see!

Still feeling well. I jokingly say if it wasn't for the fact that I've had several positive pregnancy tests, I wouldn't even know I was pregnant! Although, the past couple days I have been feeling very very slightly nauseated. Hopefully, it won't get any worse! I lucked out with very little morning sickness with both of the girls.

I go in next Friday for an appointment with the doc! I think after that, we might just be ready to share the news with our families. They are going to freak!

11 Comments:

Blogger vanx said...

Nothing more exciting. Enjoy!

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful... Michele sent me.

Cheers!

10:01 PM  
Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

How wonderful for your family. Hope you are feeling well and your pregnacy progresses without any problems. You will be in my prayers. Michele is thrilled too!

10:22 PM  
Blogger Prego said...

I'll give you the same treatment I give my wife when she utters such pleasantries as "ovulation" or "menstrual":

Ow. My ears!

Congratulations on the procreation.

p

11:53 AM  
Blogger dena said...

How exciting! Congrats, and here's to an easy, fun pregnancy. I love being pregnant; such a fun time in life.

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How great for you, hope you're enjoying every minute!

6:42 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Yea!! Hi little bean!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Misti said...

CONGRATS!! So much fun.
I tricked Mr. Fun and told him the yolk sac was baby #2 in there. It was fun for the 30 seconds i could hold a straight face.

11:59 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I'm so excited for you!!!!!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

We found out before your families??? I feel really special. Glad everything looks good!

4:22 PM  
Blogger marlynn said...

How exciting! I am so happy for you! You can just hear your happiness in your writing and it's so great!

2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home