Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Thursday, May 18, 2006

Come see...

I had my 12 week ultrasound today to check for markers of Downs Syndrome and other disorders. It's a fairly new test, just offered in the past couple years, where they do measurements of the nuchal fold (the skin at the back of the neck) along with a blood test that correlates with it.

And so far, everything with our little butterball looks great!

With the nuchal fold measurement, they want it to be under 3. Anything over that and you go for additional testing. Mine was 1.9. :oah The tech also was able to find the nasal bone. With Downs' babies, it often is hard to find at this point. So things are in our favor for a healthy baby, as far as this test goes.

I had a finger prick blood test to correlate with the us. But the results of that don't come back for a week or so.

The baby measured right around 12 weeks, 5 days which is a few days ahead of where it was last time. Which could mean a bigger baby (UGH!) or that I ovulated sooner than I thought I did. (which would also mean this baby is a failed pull-and-pray-method! LOL). My due date is right around Thanksgiving, give or take a day or two. Looks like I might just be eating turkey in a hospital bed!

When the doc measured my stomach, he said I seemed bigger than 3 months pg. But the baby is right on target so I'm not going to let myself worry too much about that! I've only gained two pounds so far!!! And I haven't had to break out the maternity clothes yet! I'm sure I will soon though!

Anyways... without further adieu, here's the little winky tink...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Isn't that the cutest nose ever?!?!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! How exciting for you! I love babies, particularly since my two seem to have grown up overnight.

Here from Michele's!

10:19 PM  
Blogger Kara said...

Awww, and it even looks like a baby!
Kendell looked like a squash. they kept saying, "here is his nose..blah blah blah"
I just nodded to get them to shut up already, it was a squash I tell you.
Here via michele but i'll be back to see how its going.

2:25 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

And what a fabulous little nose it is. I am so thrilled to see a picture! Glad things are going so well!

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww, so cute. that is a great ultrasound picture, usually I can never quite tell what I'm looking at in them!

michele sent me.

2:40 PM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

Wow Ultra sound pictures have come a long way in 6 years. Those are much clearer tehn anything I ever saw with my boys.

Hello, Michele sent me.

2:43 PM  
Blogger HRH Courtney, Queen of Everything said...

That is, like, a textbook ultrasound picture! Unbelievable.
Here via Michele today--congratulations!

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

he/she looks perfect!!!
i had both of my girls in november.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Redneck Mommy said...

Congratulations on your impending arrival! How exciting for you and your family. And you are right, that is a darn cute nose.

12:52 PM  
Blogger srp said...

Here from Michele.
Congratulations on the expected arrival. Are you going to try and find out if it is a boy or girl?

1:13 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Thanks for the visit Cathy...
This is sooo amazing, isn't it? To be able to see your baby at this stage of development and to get so much important information, too! Miraculous. I love the month by month that you have at the top...
I wish you ALL the very best with this new 'coming event'...

1:40 PM  
Blogger MaR said...

YES, indeed! how wonderful! babies make me smile and cry at the same time, such a wonderful emotion! see, mine will be 18...years old in two weeks *sigh*. Here via Michele's. Have a happy day!

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home