Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Saturday, November 04, 2006

Naming Rights...

Does this melt your heart or what!??!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

You may remember... my oldest daughter (the one above) is the one who was praying for a baby brother. She just adores him to pieces. Always wants to love on him...

As soon as we found out we were having a boy back in July, my husband claimed naming rights. I gave in and let him have them (as long as he chose a name I liked! LOL). He went back and forth between Jake and Nicholas. Jake was usually the frontrunner. Jenna did not want him to be named Jake. Not sure why but she was adamant that Jake wouldn't/shouldn't be his name. I just kept telling her it was up to Daddy.

The night before our little boy was born, Jenna was understandably a bit upset. She knew that Mommy was sick and in the hospital and that her baby brother was going to be born earlier than expected. Hubby finally got her to bed. But a few minutes later she came out with big tears in her eyes... and she told him she had one more question before she could go to sleep.

She wanted to name the baby. How could he tell her no?!?!

She chose Nicholas.

Daddy did end up getting to choose the middle name.

Maybe we'll have to get a dog one day and let Daddy name him Jake.

10 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

What a gift for her. hope all is continuing to go well. The picture is beautiful!

We have a dog named Jake....

5:50 PM  
Blogger The Mistress of the Dark said...

Congrats. I like the name Nicholas too.

Here via Michele's. You have a beautiful family :)

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was giving up on you.

CONGRATS on your miracle. He is so sweet and cute. And look at that proud big sister.
don't be a stranger no w;)

10:54 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

They are both gorgeous. And Jake is a great name for a puppy :)
Michele sent me

12:32 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

Oh My Goodness! Aren't they cute! I hope you frame this picture! Congratulations on your new addition!!

1:26 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I love the picture of Jenna and Nicholas. I think that is the absolute sweetest thing in the entire world that Jenna wanted to name him!

8:26 PM  
Blogger Prego said...

Very cute. Nice going. Sweet of you and your husband allowing Jenna to name the boy... My wife just let me bounce names off of her for a few months until something clicked. It worked twice.

p

Here via michele today

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're adorable! I too, like the name Nicholas, names can end up meaning so much after all & both Jake & Nicholas are good, I think Nicholas is better though! Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Congratulations! Nicholas is a lovely name. Michelle sent me!

7:40 PM  
Blogger marlynn said...

How adorable!! CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so excited for you and your family.

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home