Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Thursday, February 01, 2007

A Night Away.... with Nicholas

I'm a scrapbooker. I've been doing it since we got married almost ten years ago. With having just my two girls, I didn't do such a bad job keeping up. J's is caught up to probably last spring and C's is maybe up to last summer.

But now that we've added another kiddo, I fear I'm going to fall even farther behind. So far I've only done, I think, four pages in Nicholas' book.

This weekend is the bi-annual scrapbook retreat that my Creative Memories scrapbooking friend holds. It's Friday through Sunday. A whole weekend of just working on scrapbooks. Well, and relaxing a bit too, of course. I went in the fall, hugely pregnant. And three days later, had Nicholas 6 1/2 weeks early. I had not planned to go this time around since Nicholas is only four months old. Wasn't quite ready to leave him overnight. Today, I found out that another friend of mine who just had a baby a month after Nicholas was going to the retreat... and taking the baby (along with a gazillion things to keep her occupied).

SO, this afternoon, guess what I decided to do??? Yep, I'm going scrapbooking... and taking the kiddo with me! We'll have a private room so sleeping shouldn't be too much of an issue. He'll nap through out the day, get some snuggle time with Mommy and some of the other women who are going to be there, and hopefully stay as nice and calm as he does at home. I'm taking along our travel swing, my sling so I can "wear" him, a blanket for some tummy time, and lots of diapers and formula. We're only staying one night, spending the whole next day, and coming home Saturday night.

I figure if I get at least two pages done, I'll be satisfied. Course, realistically, I should be able to get at least ten done. But I don't want to set the bar too high and be dissapointed that I went!

SO, it's a Mom and Nicholas weekend. The girls should have fun with Daddy...

5 Comments:

Blogger kenju said...

My daughter-in-law used to do that overnight scrapbooking, and then go and teach all day (in college). I don't know how she did that!

Michele sent me.

11:29 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Wonderful!!! You need the getaway!!!

6:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wooohooooo, that sounds like it will be fun and you will get some serious one-on one time with your adorable bundle as well. I hope you get a whole lot accomplished.

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great time Cathy! (p.s. I move my blog to wordpress)

10:19 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Have fun!

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home