Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Sunday, July 08, 2007

Cool Rider

I've been trying to talk my six year old into learning how to ride her bike without the training wheels. Her basic answer was, "no way, Jose!"

So I hadn't mentioned it in a couple weeks. Out of the blue, she decided to wanted to learn. NOW! It seems there's a little friendly competition between her and her little friend who was in her kindergarten class. Only problem is, she didn't inform said friend about the competition. She just decided she wanted to learn how to do it before he did!

So, hubby took off her training wheels one day last week and they practiced some in our backyard (we have a grassy hill) and a little on the sidewalk. She did ok but didn't have a lot of confidence doing it. So she asked Daddy to put her training wheels back on.

A few days later, we were at my inlaws and it just so happened that in the garage, there was a bike, a little smaller than her's, that didn't have the training wheels on it. She and Daddy practiced some more. Because this bike is tinier, and therefore closer to the ground, she feels a little more confident. The first night, she still needed a little bit of help to get started...



Last night we were over there again. Look at her now...


Looks like she won her "friendly" competition with her friend. I think he at least knows about it by now... since I mentioned it to his mom a few days ago...

Wonder how long it will be before they're both cruising up on the down the sidewalk on two wheelers???

6 Comments:

Blogger Michael K. Althouse said...

That brings back memories! I wrote about my first two-wheeler recently and I think it might be time to document my kids' experience as well. My eldest son, 23, now works in a bike shop.

Michele sent me,

Mike

12:08 PM  
Blogger carmilevy said...

I love moments like this. As I watch our eldest two become extraordinarily skilled cyclists, I think about how far this skill will carry them, and how I can no longer watch over there every move as they disappear around the corner.

Bittersweet, in a way, but it's why we became parents in the first place. It's such a miracle to watch them spread their wings.

Thanks for sharing these: they're priceless!

4:10 PM  
Blogger carmilevy said...

Michele thanks you, too. She loves online video of happy family events!

4:10 PM  
Blogger Humor Girl said...

It's been a while! I know i've been to your sight before but I took a bit of a blog-ation...

Look at those beautiful babies!!!! Holy smokes! Cute family! :)

Here via michele.

5:13 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

WOW! WTG! Did she try her bike at home again w/o the training wheels?

10:08 AM  
Blogger Laura McIntyre said...

Gosh she really is a big girl, i hate to wish my daughters lifes away but part of me cannot wait till they are old enough for stuff like that.

3:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home