Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Friday, August 10, 2007

Isn't This the Cutest Little Monkey Bottom?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Ever since Nicholas was a couple months old, I've been toying with the idea of using cloth diapers. The first couple times I started looking into it, I was quickly overwhelmed at the choices and didn't end up purchasing any. A couple weeks ago, I started thinking about it again. And with the help of a friend, sifting through all the info didn't seem quite as overwhelming.

So, after making some cashola on Ebay, I decided to spend part of it on buying some cloth diapers. The one in the picture above is my first! It's from a site called Chunky Monkey Diapers and it came with (well I purchased it with) a matching tshirt. The lady who owns the site has tons of different embroidery choices to choose from. I'm actually thinking about getting a couple more since I've seen how darn cute it is... probably one for his first birthday party. Yeah, I'm a sucker for cute things!

So, anyways, you might ask... "How is cloth diapering going so far?"

Well, in addition to the above diaper, I've purchased six others. And we've used them sporadically throughout the couple of days that we've had them. I am surprised and pleased with the amount of coverage you get. Once I take the diaper off, you really can't even tell it's wet other than the fact that it's a bit heavier. I've washed and dried the first couple that we've used. Pretty easy. And not as gross as one would think.

Of course, we haven't experience our first dirty dirty one yet. But I did purchase some flushable liners for when it happens. Still waiting to get them....

Hmmm... I'll bet any guys who are reading this are probably ready to click on to the next blog! LOL Don't worry... I'm just about done!

So, do I think I'll continue (and expand) on my cloth diapering endeavors? So far my answer is YES! I'm planning to purchase about 10 more with my next ebay winnings and we'll go from there. I'll see if I continue liking them the more I use them. I do have to say... they're much cuter than the old standby (non-biodegradable) disposables that I've always used.

Nicholas doesn't care about the cuteness either way. But he's a guy. No surprise there.

;)

9 Comments:

Blogger David Edward said...

and you are helping to flush stinky stuff down the drain where it can be recycled.... good for you.

here from michele - so I endured this diaper talk.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Shannon akaMonty said...

I remember when I was a little girl, my mom used cloth diapers on my brother (well, of course this was 30-some-odd years ago), and the cloth dirty diapers weren't any worse than the throwaways. Good for you--you're helping the environment! (and yes indeed, that's a cute monkey bottom!)

Hello, Michele sent me!

8:46 PM  
Blogger BreadBox said...

We never did manage to get our little ones into cloth diapers: we ordered some, but the size they thought was correct was completely wrong (we had ordered one size up, so that they would last a little longer, and they were too small when they arrived....)
However, our sprogs made up for it by being very quick to potty train themselves (Boo before he was two!)
so perhaps we may be forgiven...

Michele sent me,
N.

11:20 PM  
Blogger carmilevy said...

Eco-friendly and cute as can be: a perfect combination.

You've given me my first smile of the day: thanks!

I'm so glad I zoomed on in from Michele's this morning.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

aww, very cute cloth diaper butt :)

2:38 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Monkey Butt is adorable! I've never had the guts to try cloth diapers. Good for you!

6:00 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Stopping by from topmomma - congrats on getting on the board! What cute kids you have and that is a cute little monkey bottom. My mom used cloth diapers with me but they were just plain white with plain covers, not nearly so cute. My two kids are the same age as your younger ones - 3 & 1 in October, except I had a boy then a girl. We'll see if we have anymore. Anyways, cute kids, cute diapers & cute blog!

6:12 PM  
Blogger MsT said...

Al Gore would most certainly approve - the little steps that we take to make the world a better place all do add up! Visiting today from Michele's.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Laura McIntyre said...

i love the cute monkey butt, i love the idea of clothe diapers but DH hates it. Im definetly going to give them ago next time around

2:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home