Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Tuesday, October 18, 2005

She's (not) a Drama Queen

My four year old is a drama queen. According to me.

According to her, she is not.

Case in point. The other day, we were at the JCPenney's shopping. Now I should preface by saying that whenever we go shopping, she expects me to buy her everything in sight. Or at least something at every store. Of course, I don't do this but she continues to expect it and whines about it incessantly. I do the yadda yadda yadda, money doesn't grow on trees speech a lot.

So that day, we're at Penney's looking at clothes in her size (and she's wanting EVERYTHING she sees) and I found a tee shirt that said, "Drama Queen" on it.

ME: "Here, I'll buy you this one. It's perfect."

HER: (**getting very excited at the prospect of getting something**) OK!!!

ME: "It says 'Drama Queen' on it!

HER: "I am NOT a drama queen. I don't want that shirt!!!

ME: "Yes, you are, blah, blah, blah (can't remember exactly what I said).

She then begins crying, saying she is not a drama queen. SO I tell her I'm sorry for saying that and that I won't buy it. And she starts begging me to buy it.... EVEN THOUGH it says she is a drama queen (which she insists she isn't!!) and she doesn't want to wear it. All she's thinking is that she wants something new.

She continues bellowing and we start to leave the store, without the shirt. I'm trying hard not to laugh at her antics. All the while, I'm telling her that with her behavior, she is proving my point that she is a drama queen.

We're in the aisle leaving the kids' department when she throws herself on the floor crying because we're walking out without a shirt she didn't even want in the first place.

And, the funniest thing is, she's STILL insisting that she's NOT a drama queen.

Hmmmm..... is my case proven?!?! If not, I'm sure I can come up with more drama examples...

;)

6 Comments:

Blogger Beanhead said...

Can you say mom is always right..:)

10:41 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Case more than proven! LOL

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm surprised she understood what a drama queen is. i have a 20 year old drama queen, it seems some of them never outgrow it.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

LOL! too funny! talk about proving your point! LOL!

10:25 AM  
Blogger ribbiticus said...

so did you finally buy her the shirt? - lol! michele sent me today. :)

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope... didn't buy her the shirt! And she's totally forgotten about it! lol

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home