Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Monday, September 26, 2005

Car Trouble

(Sorry about my hiatus! Last week was crazy, crazy, crazy getting ready for my moms' group kids' clothing and equipment sale! I'm sooooooo glad that it's over...)

Anyways....

About a month ago, my car started acting up. It wouldn't start on the first try but usually would on the second. It got to the point where it was taking 4-5 times of trying. Then the last week or two, it's started fine with no problems.

So I thought maybe it was a fluke. We hadn't had a chance to get it up to get it worked on but since it seemed to be ok, we'd forgotten about it.

This weekend, it started happening again. But it would start on the second try.

Cut to today.

I get J and C in the car, ready to take J to preschool. We were actually running a couple minutes late.

Go to start the car.... and it won't start. I seriously think I tried over 20 times! J was in the backseat almost ready to cry because she was going to miss preschool. Poor thing.... I couldn't disappoint her!

So, I called my next door neighbor. Thankfully, she was home and let me borrow her car (and kept C for me) so I could go pick up our carpool buddy and take her and J to school. We get to carpool buddy's babysitter's (where I pick her up) and out she comes, holding bags full of cupcakes!!

Today is her birthday! Could you imagine if I hadn't been able to go get her?!!? She would have been so sad!

As it was, I got them to school about 15 minutes late. I didn't have to worry about going to pick them up because our carpool buddy's mom does that! But I do need to get ahold of my hubby and figure out what we're going to do to get it fixed! I'm pretty sure we're dealing with a starter issue!

It sucks because I was planning to take the girlies to the mall tomorrow to spend my loot that I made from the sale this weekend! Just over $160, after my 10% donation to the cause!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm having issues with my car too, i wish i didn't need one.

4:37 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Good thing your neighbor was there to lend a hand, er, a car!

11:14 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

We had major issues this summer and ended up getting a new van. It all sucks!

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home