Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Monday, September 05, 2005

An update...

My friend Elizabeth is doing well! Well, as good as you can expect after just having had an aneurysm.

This is the latest email we received from her husband...

~~
"Just wanted to give you all an update on Elizabeth. She continues to do well, but she has had a lot of visitors the past few days and is a little tired. She has been running a fever here and there, and it is a little concerning, but the doctor is not too worried about it.

For the most part, though, she is well beyond most patients at this stage, and has not lost her wit at all. Yesterday, she wanted an Icee and sent her sister all over Gainesville looking for one. When she finally made it back, Elizabeth gave her an "F" for taking so long. Then she offered some of it to me, with the comment, "Just taste it. Don't worry, you can't catch my aneurysm." So, at least she still has her humor.

I tried to log onto the board last night to answer questions and talk with people, but her password was erased and I do not know it. Is there a way for me to get an account, and if so, what do I do? I want to let everyone know what the outpouring of love and support have meant to all of us during this time. Thank you all so much. This is my email address, and I will respond to anyone who wishes to use it, if you would like to post it for me.

Thanks again for everything."
~~


I know she's still got a long road ahead of her but she's made a good start, wouldn't you say?

5 Comments:

Blogger kenju said...

Good to know your friend is on the mend. Michele sent me.

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, you're friend has been through alot. my family doctor had an aneurysm about 10 years ago. after his surgery and recovery period, he returned to work and has been going on strong ever since. it sounds like your friend is strong that way as well, my thoughts are with her and her family and friends at this time.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Cheers to your friend!

7:17 PM  
Blogger dena said...

Nice that your friend still has her sense of humor.
When I had cancer, many of my friends didn't call, wouldn't look me in the eye. A few that knew how I'd react joked about the entire ordeal with me. They knew I'd expect nothing less. If you can't laugh, then there's nothing else.

1:59 PM  
Blogger marlynn said...

I'm glad to hear she is recovering well. She sounds like a wonderful and witty person and I hope her recovery continues to be quick and good!

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home