Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Friday, August 26, 2005

Girl's Night Out

So, today around 4, my husband calls from work and asks what we're having for dinner. I tell him I can make pizza. He says, "How about I just stop and pick one up on my way home?"

Cool! Works for me. I don't have to cook that way! He said he had some errands to run so it'd be about 6:30 when he got home. Again, works for me.

Cut to 6:30. The phone rings and guess who it is?! Yep, Hubby. Turns out he decided (at the last minute!) to go to his friend's house and watch a football game!!!!! Geez, buddy, thanks for the notice! At least he had the smarts to apologize! Whatever.

At this point, there's no way I'm going to scrounge up something for dinner. I'm due for a store run so there's not much (quick) edible stuff in the house and anyways, I'm just not in the mood! So I pack up the girls and we headed to Friendly's! Can't beat that, huh?! Ate our food (chicken fingers and grilled cheese YUM) then we dined on a yummy dessert of ice cream. I got a free happy ending reeses peanut butter cup sundae with my meal, J got an oreo sundae with her meal, and C got a dish of plain ole' vanilla. She's not too picky at this age so she was happy as a clam! All three of us cleaned our bowls! J ended up with three nice chocolate stains on her shirt and a lot of it on her face. I'm always armed with wipes in the diaper bag though so we were fine!

On the way home, we made a pit stop at G. Willies (Goodwill) since they're having their monthly 50% off the store sale. Picked up a few things then we headed home just in time for lights out! I had them in bed within 25 minutes. And here I sit...

Still waiting on Daddy to come home so he can climb in his doghouse.


~~
By the way, I'm a guest blogger this weekend over at my good friend Indigo's blog. Check it out if you get a chance!

10 Comments:

Blogger Tracy S said...

Grrr men sometimes..lol Is it bred in them to be that inconsiderate ? Glad to hear you had a great dinner with the kids anyway :)


Here via Michele's !!!!

10:48 PM  
Blogger Trinity13 said...

I just love it when my hubby does that to me...so considerate! But time with the kids is always good!

11:00 PM  
Blogger The Mistress of the Dark said...

Men!

But Friendly's sounds pretty good, so you didn't to too badly in the deal!

Here via Michele's! Have a great weekend.

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seems to be universal and it makes me nuts...I don't care if he meets his friends, but give me enough notice to plan accordingly! Argh.

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, i'm here via indigo, but i would have been over anyway! great job guest hostessing.

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, now there's the benefit of being a female sports freak. My husband not only came home, he took me to a sports bar to watch the game. A grand tme was had by all. :-)

Hope he makes it up to you!

And hello from Michele's!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Good morning! Here via Michele. Girls night out sounds like a fun idea! I might have to try that with my daughter. Have a great weekend!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Way to roll with the punches! Man, I haven't been to Friendly's in ages... probably cuz I haven't lived anywhere there was one in a couple of years.

Hello, Michele sent me.

7:52 PM  
Blogger dena said...

I'm headed to indigo's.

Men can be total wipes!

9:58 PM  
Blogger carmilevy said...

Sounds like someone owes you a night out on the town.

Still, you made lemonade out of lemons. Good show!

Here from Michele's. As always, I enjoyed the experience immensely.

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home