Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Thursday, August 25, 2005

cute kid update....

It's been a while since I've talked about the adorable things my girlies are doing!

Well.... *this* is going to be one of those posts!!!

***warning.... Momma gushing ahead...***

Let's start with my 2o month old. Oh my, is she fun these days?!!? She's getting so smart and so big. I can't believe that in less than 4 months, she'll be turning TWO!!! Where has the time gone!? She's starting to talk more and more and will repeat just about anything for us. Last night at dinner, I told her I loved her and she said, (in baby talk of course), "I love you TOO!" Put that too on all by herself, thank you very much! A few minutes later, she repeated, "I love you Jenna" to her big sister. Then she gave a big cheesy grin. Totally melted my heart.

She's also starting to "read" her books back to us. One of my faves to read with her is Dr. Suess's Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You? Today we were in her room and I had her go get it so we could read it. She knew the sounds on almost every page. Proud Momma moment there! A few weeks ago, I sat at the kitchen table and in the span of a minute or two, taught her circle and star. And she still remembers and points out "kircles" whenever she sees them! We've worked on square and she sorta kinda knows it.

Her favorite current shows?!?! Blues Clues and Dora the Explorer of course! She knows almost all of the characters and goes crazy when the shows come on. She loves to dance around when they play music (which in those shows is very often!). If this trend continues, I'm already thinking of what theme her second birthday party is going to be! Should I give you three clues?!?! ;)

Just today, we had another heart melter moment. C has been giving kisses for a while but now she will bend down and give you a kiss on the cheek! Puckers those lips up and smacks ya a big wet one! Then giggles and does the other cheek. I must have asked her for 50 kisses today just to get that warm fuzzy. Soooooo sweet, don't ya think?!?!

Speaking of sweet, she's certainly developing her sweet tooth! She's already figured out that if she eats her dinner, she gets a treat. As soon as she's down from her chair, she heads right over to where they are kept. And there's no peace until she gets what she wants! Her current fave?! Dum dum suckers! Quick and easy and cheap. My kind of treat!

Well, it's getting late..... I need to hit the hay as we got a playdate with J's best bud tomorrow!

I think my next post will have to be some J gushing!

8 Comments:

Blogger srp said...

Thanks for visiting my site today. My sweetie is 19 and off at college, but only an hour away this year. She loved Goodnight Moon as a little one, actually she still does.

11:57 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Good morning! Here via Michele today. Have a wonderful weekend.

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sweet!! I love kids!! They really do make it all worth it.

I'm here via Micheles but I would of come anyway ;)

11:10 AM  
Blogger dena said...

That's such a perfect age! Well, most of the time. It seems like everything they do is a heart string moment. She sounds beautiful.

Visiting from michele's right now. I'll be back though.

11:59 AM  
Blogger srp said...

I'm back. This time Michele sent me. So far my sweetie hasn't called today. Maybe this means she is too busy to miss me. At least she hasn't forgotten something else.
Have a good weekend. IT is Friday isn't it?

4:14 PM  
Blogger -E said...

oh that's sweet. glad you're able to get all sorts of warm fuzzies!

michele sent me.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day!

No problemo with the parental gushing! It's nice to have a spot to brag about our wonderful children!

6:11 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

Hi Cathy:

Michelle sent me! I love your blog...come visit mine (it's all about cupcakes...not nearly as complicated as kids!

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home