Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Thursday, August 04, 2005

Our First "Birds and the Bees" Talk

The other night, I was putting my four year old to bed. And we had the following conversation....


J: How does Jesus makes babies?!

ME: Ummmm..... Oh, that's something you'll learn later.... it's kind of confusing.

J: With tape and glue?

ME: Yeah.... yeah, that's it

J: Oh. (silence).... (rubbing her arm) but I don't feel any thing on my arm. I don't feel any tape.

ME: He must have used a special kind of tape then, huh?

J: Like skin tape?!

ME: Yeah, that's it. Skin tape.

J: Oh.


Cool. Dodged that one pretty well huh?!?!

17 Comments:

Blogger Kristal said...

Good one! Kids are so funny... My little boy still thinks that cars are held together with gum.

Michele sent me...

9:30 AM  
Blogger Panthergirl said...

What a chicken!!!! There are actually lots of things you can say to a four-year old that are accurate without being too detailed... my friends thought I was the QUEEN of sex ed with my kids, and so far it's worked out pretty well! (my 10 year old son told me he was the only kid who wasn't trying to hold back a snicker in sex ed class this past year!)

Here via michele today...

9:31 AM  
Blogger guppyman said...

My daughter was convinced that when me and my wife got married, that we'd come back with a baby....

Michele says hello.

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! That's a new take on it...or should I say tape on it.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Sarie said...

looks like you maybe got skipped in the M&G.

So, hello michele sent me.

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh, heh...that works for a while, but then the questions get harder...enjoy the innocence while it lasts!

4:16 PM  
Blogger Twist of Kate said...

Hey I came here cuz it looked ike you got skipped at Michele's but I saw that Sarah had your back...but since I was here I thought I'd say hi anyway!

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, there are many more talks to come and you might want to pick up a book that explains this, you can sit down and go over it with him. there's tons of them out there, geared for different ages, just find one that you're comfortable with, cuz it's not going to get any easier.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Jawa Juice said...

You're a Jawa too?

5:30 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Tape ... and ... glue. LOL! You sure did get out of that one!!!

7:31 PM  
Blogger Beanhead said...

Oh wow tape and glue that is classic!

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute post...Michele sent me!

10:34 PM  
Blogger -E said...

HAHA that's great. I have no idea how my parents handled it with me. But then, I don't even know if I asked. But I do remember wanting to help my mom find a nice family to adopt my sister.

Michele sent me.

10:38 PM  
Blogger scrappintwinmom said...

Aw man, I am dreading those talks. I'm thinking I've got a good year or so. Here via Michele today!

10:42 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

It seems that we are always answering some such question. Perhaps it never ends?

7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dodge it for now. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your comment.

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol. that's cute.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home