Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Soooooo....

My class this week has been interesting.... a lot more interesting than the one I took a couple weeks ago. It's a writing class so we talk about.... well... writing! For the course requirements, we have to do three 5-7 page essays on some sort of memoir of our life and two 1-2 page essays on basically the same thing. The difference between the two assignments is that our shorter pieces are going to be submitted to a magazine called The Sun. Fun, huh?!?! I've never submitted ANYTHING to be published so it's an exciting, yet intimidating assignment.

I've got a story I'm working on (that I'll actually be publishing here) about an small little happening from our house this morning. It's a simple funny tidbit that begs to be told but I want to do it justice, if that makes any sense. SO it'll probably be a few days before you'll see it here. Now, don't go expecting anything grand... it's pretty similar to things I've already written and involves one of my favorite subjects, my four year old.

Anyways, I wanted to do a quick blog so y'all didn't think I'd dissapeared but I really need to cut this short as we have a birthday party to go to for my nephew.

Before I go, I wanted to introduce you to a new friend of mine, who I actually met in the class I took a couple weeks ago. She's in this week's class too and guess what?!?! I told her about and showed her my blog and she decided to start her own. It's a totally different perspective from the type of things I write but I think you'll enjoy her. Stop by and say welcome to Jill if you get a chance!

Three more days (and counting) of my class before life gets back to "normal." Whatever that is!

10 Comments:

Blogger Beanhead said...

Cathy can't wait to read your story.

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm off to meet your friend!

10:41 PM  
Blogger Pirate Princess said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:05 AM  
Blogger Pirate Princess said...

Sounds great! I'll be back to check out your story. Thanks for visiting today! :0)

3:07 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I'm off to meet Jill. Good luck on the story.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Misti said...

Glad to see you are enjoying the class. and i blogrolled you, just so you know ;)
now off to meet Jill.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Kristal said...

I LOVE 'The Sun'! I have thought about submitting a story to them, but still haven't gotten around to it.

Michele sent me!

8:51 AM  
Blogger dena said...

Hello, Michelle sent me. Off to check out your friend, Jill.

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Michele sent me. Good luck with your submission!

7:23 PM  
Blogger Tracy S said...

Thanks for visiting today :) I love your place ...Cathy is one of my favorite comics :)
I will be back for sure ...
Have a great weekend :)

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home