Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Sunday, July 17, 2005

Back to School Again....

Tomorrow, I start another class.

And I'm still working on the project from my last class. But I'm finally definitely making some progress and I have till the 28th of this month to get it done. So, from this point on, I refuse to let myself get all worked up about it again! (Remind me of this if I start complaining again!) I *know* I'll get it done. Might be turning it in the day it's due but hey, that's what deadlines are for right?!

My class this next week is a writing class. I like writing. I think I'm fairly good at it. So hopefully, I'll enjoy the class. And hopefully, the final project won't give me as many fits as this last one has! We go all day Monday through SATURDAY!! That's right... Saturday! No more sleeping in again till next Sunday.

Have I ever mentioned how much I enjoy sleeping in?! Well, I do.... and always have. I've never been one of those morning people who start the day by bursting out of bed. The snooze button is definitely my friend. I remember back in high school, it was nothing unusual for me to sleep until noon on the weekends. What else did I have to do?!!? It wasn't like I had to get up and go to work. My job consisted of working in my dad's office after school. So weekends, I was free to sleep in until I felt like getting up.

Sleeping in now is just a little bit different. Gone are the days of sleeping till noon or even 11:00. I still get to sleep in but now I usually rise around 8:30 or so. Occasionally though, it'll be 9-9:30 before the girls and I are up for the day. See, I've been blessed with two great sleepers. YAY! I cringe when I hear my friends talking about their kiddos waking up at the crack of dawn. In my opinion, 7:00 is still prime sleeping time!

My girls go to bed around 9:15 and wake up around 8:30 or so. If J gets up any sooner, I can always convince her to crawl in bed and snuggle with me while she watches Jojo's Circus or Higglytown Heroes (what a weird show!). We usually head downstairs around 9 to get breakfast and start our day.

My class this week starts at 9. Which means, I have to have the girls up by 7:15 and at the sitter's by 8:00 so that I can make the commute, find a parking spot, and make it to class on time!

So I guess for the next week, the three of us are going to have to be morning people. But we don't have to like it, right?!?!

Oh well, come next Monday, we'll be back to sleeping in again. And appreciating every minute of it!

8 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

Hi, Cathy with a C, Michele sent me.

Love your graphic, love the pink.

Have fun in your writing class.

10:05 PM  
Blogger Misti said...

I think thats great that you are doing these classes. Highfive to you.
I think i'll have to go read some more to find out what this other class is. Do you get college credit for these classes or are they just for fun?

10:44 PM  
Blogger big dave said...

nice blog ihave 4 kids of my own...ain't it fun.


lightmyblog.blogspot.com

10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't remember the last time i slept in. when i do sleep in, it's only until about 7:30, cuz i normally get up between 5:30-6:00.

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay I have to comment on CATHY! I used to love CATHY as a kid. I used to clip out all the strips and make it into a scrapbook!!!

6:29 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Being a morning person isn't THAT bad. You can do it.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Beanhead said...

Oh I love to sleep in. Not that I get to sleep very much at all anymore.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

You can be a morning person and not enjoy it. That's what I do. :-)

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home