Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Wednesday, June 22, 2005

School's not so bad.... :)

So, I've been missing in action for a few days! Anyone notice?! :) That's what happens when you go back to school! In a previous post, I mentioned that I was going to be taking a couple of graduate classes so that I can get my teaching credentials updated. And that's where I've been this week (and will be next week too!). Sitting in a college classroom, learning how to work with students with limited English proficiency.

Other than getting up at the crack of dawn, it hasn't been too gosh awful bad. I enjoy the professor (for the most part!) and it's been nice interacting with grownups all day. The class only has fourteen students so it's been easy to get to know one another. And after talking about teaching kiddos all day, I even almost slightly miss teaching (I'm certainly not ready to go back to work yet though!) For the second half of the day, we've been at the computer lab so I've even managed to get a little bit of internet surfing in! SO all in all, I can't complain too much.

But boy, do I miss my girls. I'm used to being with them all day long, every day so it's been a bit of an adjustment dropping them off in the morning and not picking them up till almost dinnertime! Before I know it, dinner's over and it's time to put them to bed for the night. Ahhh... I guess I'm getting a tiny glimpse of the life of a working mom.

And let me just say to all working moms, KUDOS! :) I don't how you do it day in and day out! I'm exhausted and I've only been at it for three days! LOL You rock!

Ok, it's getting late and this "workin/schoolin" mom needs to get some shuteye. That morning alarm clock buzz comes way too quickly!

Before I go, my good friend Indigo (http://outsidemyhead.blogspot.com/) tagged me on her site. So I've got a few questions to answer....

Total volume of music files on my computer: I have no idea! Not even sure how to figure it out. BUT, we do have LOTS and LOTS of music on here. I make slideshows so I've got a ton of stuff downloaded for that and hubby likes listening to music while he surfs so he's got a boatload too.

The last CD I bought was:I can't even remember! It's been a long time since I've bought anything! I can tell you the last video I got though! LOL Disney's Dumbo at a garage sale for $1!

Last acquired: Ummm... I'm not doing so well with these questions. Again, no clue! I can't remember!

Song playing right now: Nothing actually. I don't like to listen to music when I surf. Guess I'm easily distracted.

Five songs I listen to a lot, or that mean a lot to me:
Paradise by the Dashboard Light (college memories!) Meatloaf
It's Your Love Tim McGraw, Faith Hill (played at our wedding)
Super Duper Wonderful (my 4 year old's tap dance song from this year's recital)
Goodbye Earl Dixie Chicks
You've Got a Friend in Me from Toy Story (one of my kiddo's faves!)

Five people to whom I'm passing the baton: Hmmm... this is a hard one. Being new to blogging, I have no clue who is actually checking here! How about the first five people to visit who have not yet been tagged?!!? :)

9 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Hi Cathy! It's tough being away from your kids when you are a working mom. It hard when I add up in your head how much time I've actually spent with Zoe at the end of day, and then it's under 5 hours, and I'm like OUCH! This stinks. :-/ And then I snuggle with her at night until she falls asleep, and hope that it makes it up to her in some small way, it makes me feel better, but not much.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

My hat is off to you as there is no way I could go to school and be a mom. I'm simply not that organized.

3:19 PM  
Blogger Beanhead said...

Cathy I know how bad it sucks being away from the kids. I hate it!!

10:43 PM  
Blogger Beanhead said...

Cathy I was here before but Michele sent me back, so here I am.

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beanhead.... too funny that of all the people in blog world, we posted next to each other!

3:50 PM  
Blogger Bonvallet said...

Good reading. You've got some big changes happening in your life. I know all about being away from the kids.

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy! Thanks for stopping by today. I'm not even a mom and I couldn't go back to school. More power to you! Next time you're over at my place check out my MEME song over on my sidebar!

4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, Michele sent me today.

I often think about going back to school and one of these days I'm just going to up and do it--maybe when my boy goes off to college!

7:33 PM  
Blogger Panthergirl said...

Working mom and 'only parent' here... AND I attempted to finish college through the Penn State online program but it was just toooooooo much.

Good for you. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right? ;)

Here via michele today!

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home