Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Sunday, June 12, 2005

So... here I am!

Well, I think I'm going to give this blog thing a try. What harm can it do, right?!?! It's not like I'll be hunted down if I don't write in it very much.... or will I?! Hmmm... I sure hope not! That thought scares me a tiny bit! :) But nevertheless, I'm going to attempt it anyways! This blog thing is a bit new to me... so hopefully I won't stink at it! LOL

I actually consider myself a pretty good writer. It's something I enjoy doing although I don't find the time to do it near as much as I did before I had kids. That could be because now I spend my days with a four year old and an eighteen month old and the most interesting (?) thing I write is the alphabet, with the occasional c-a-t or J-e-n-n-a thrown in. Before I had kids, I kept a journal on my computer at work. I wrote in it at least 3-4 times a week. My husband and I struggled with getting pregnant because of fertility problems so writing was my way to vent out all of my frustrations. And did I ever vent! Finally, after three years of trying, by some miracle of fate, we achieved that goal we'd been striving for.... I was knocked up!!! I continued journaling throughout the pregnancy which was a lot more fun than journaling before I got pregnant. Two weeks before Jenna was born, I went on maternity leave and from there eventually resigned my teaching position to be a stay at home mom.

Guess what I never printed out before I left my job?!?!?!?! Over forty typed pages worth of journaling!! You might be thinking, "well geez Einstein, print it out now!" Well, there's a slight problem. The program I used to keep my journal was OLDER than dirt (LOL) AND on a Mac computer. Not to mention for the life of me, I can't remember where the disc I saved it on is! I could kick myself now... but at the time, it wasn't even on my mind. I was too busy finally getting my chance to be a Mommy.

Now, here I am four years later. I've added another kiddo to my family. And my journal from years ago is somewhere in my head, stuffed in a little corner waiting to be remembered. I think maybe this blog is my attempt to recapture some of it.

I have no clue what the next entry will be but I guess it'll come to me soon. Least I hope so or this will be one short blog! :) Thanks for reading! See you again soon!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I didn't know that you journaled! I did/do too, but it's the old fashioned way ... paper and pen. Not so easy to lose all those notebooks, and not so easy to hide them either so that when I'm gone people can't read my entire lifestory, and find out who my secret crush was at any time in my life.

Welcome Cathy!!!!

5:15 PM  
Blogger Panthergirl said...

Hi Cathy and welcome to the blogosphere. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, and you did fine. ;)
The only suggestion I would make when playing Michele's comment game is to leave some feedback on the person's blog or the post you read.

But hey, that's JMO.

Again, welcome... I would be interested in reading about your experience with infertility, because my assistant is going through that right now.

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home