Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Thursday, June 16, 2005

What am I thinking?!

This weekend, my family and I are going camping... with six other families! Sounds like a ton of fun, right?!?!

Then why am I slightly dreading it?!?! LOL


The weather is supposed to be gorgeous (in the 70's during the day and 50's at night), the friends we are going with are a lot of fun, there are no bratty children (for the most part! LOL), I don't have to cook all weekend (well, maybe a marshmallow or hotdog), and my four year old is beyond excited.


Me... I've got a nervous/anxious/almost dreading it feeling. The main reason?? My overactive, very busy, very much a handful, roly poly, adorable curly haired 18 month old! My vision of the weekend goes like this...


"You come back here!"


"Get out of that dirt!"


"What is that in your mouth?!"


"Don't make me come get you."


"NO! You can not go swing AGAIN!"


"I SAID come back here NOW!"


"Stop ignoring me!"


"Can someone PLEASE just go get her for me?!?!"


"Ummmmm... Has anyone seen the baby?!"


"Sweetie, would you please just GO TO SLEEP!!!"


LOL... I'm sure it's not going to be QUITE that bad but I am not anticipating a very restful weekend. Coupled with the fact that I start my college class bright and early Monday morning, I'm just hoping to survive the weekend and manage to get a bit of sleep!

So, you might ask, why are we even going?!?! Good question. And I *think* I've got a good answer... Camping for me as a child brings back so many wonderful memories. In fact, when I think back on my childhood, the thing that sticks out most for me are the times that my family and I spent wholed up in our 27 foot trailer. My parents had five kids and I sware we went camping just about every weekend. I've been told I took my first steps in our little pop-up! As I grew older, my steps expanded to beyond our little campsite. My siblings and I would get up in the morning, pack some snacks, and head off for the trails. We'd spend the day hiking, climbing the cliff, running across the swinging bridge, or sitting in the middle of the pine forest. There wasn't a trail we didn't know. Then we'd head back late afternoon and spend the rest of the day and evening roasting marshmallows, hotdogs, pies in the pie iron, etc.


Since I've had children of my own, I have made it a point to take them camping at least once a summer. As they get older, we'll go more I hope. But so far, I've taken my four year old every year and last year, we took an on-the-verge-of-walking 9 month old. Was it exhausting? Yeah. Was it a lot of work? Yeah. Was I more tired when we got home then I was before I left? Uh huh. But was it a memory I cherish? Even with a cruising 9 month old in tow, I'd have to say YES!


I know this year is going to be even a bit busier since I'll be keeping up with Miss Busybody. But after writing this blog out, I have to say, I'm starting to look more and more forward to it.


Wish me luck! I'm sure I'll need it! Maybe I'll share some pictures next week!

5 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

I'm sure you will have a blast. We plan to go as soon as winter is over for real!

12:59 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I am thinking you are nuts, but you know Hubby & Zoe would be all over camping if I let them. I hope you have a great time!!! Take lots of pictues!

10:29 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

I HATE camping. HATE it! But I hope YOU have a great time!

10:18 AM  
Blogger carmilevy said...

Hi Cathy. Nice to e-meet you: I'm popping in from Michele's blog.

I can relate to so much to everything you say - my wife and I have three beautiful little folks, and she trailer-camped extensively with her parents when she was a kid.

I'm going to enjoy reading more of your blog.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I am here via Michele I will be back for more

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home