Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Monday, June 13, 2005

Back to School... UGH!

Since I've been staying home with my girls and not teaching for the past four years, I let my teaching certificate expire. The plan though is to go back to teaching in a year or two when my youngest hits preschool age. Which means I need to get the darn certificate renewed. To get it renewed, I have to take a few graduate classes. And hubby's insisting I get it done soon so we don't have it hanging over our heads.

So, next week, I'm going back to school. UGH. Double UGH. I'm taking a two week class on... hold your hats, this is an exciting topic... "teaching English to non English speaking students in the mainstream classroom." Can you say fun?!?! And then at the end of July, I'm taking a week long class on "the experience of writing." To say that I'm not looking forward to either class is an understatement! But like I tell my four year old, sometimes you gotta do what you don't want to do. :( Sure is fun having that come back to bite me!

I've spent the last couple days figuring out childcare plans and trying to psych myself that it won't be so bad having to get up at the crack of dawn. (I've been blessed with late sleepers) Since my first class is only a two week class- and is worth 4 graduate hours- I will be going from 9-4:30 every day. Which means I've gotta get the girls dropped off at the sitter's by 8-8:15 and then drive the 30 minute commute, find a parking place (not fun!), and hike my arse across campus to get to my class on time. Not to mention, I'll have to crank out more money (on top of the tuition!) for books and supplies!

But I guess in the grand scheme of things, I really don't have a lot to complain about. Staying home with my girls has been such a blessing and well worth letting my teaching certificate expire. And two weeks of getting up early isn't going to break me. Hopefully I'll even learn a thing or two!

Although I do have to admit, not getting my midday internet time... you might just be seeing a cranky blog starting next week... if I can even get around to writing in it between all of my homework assignments!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

You have to go ALL day long? That would be such an adjustment for me!

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home