Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Sunday, June 19, 2005

Back from "roughing it!"

My last post was about my fears/nervousness/anxiety over taking an 18 month old camping....

Well, we just got back an hour or so ago. And I survived, with even a little bit of my sanity left. My little busy body fell asleep on the way home and hubby transferred her to her bed. And she's still sleeping... so I have a bit of me time! My four year old is in her room watching a movie (hopefully she's crashed too).

The weekend was fun.... busy, tiring, a little, no a lot, on the crazy side... but all in all, not too bad. We were with tons of people so my little roly poly kid did a pretty good job finding things to keep herself entertained so I didn't have to follow her constantly. There were plenty of times though when she pushed her boundaries and had to be chased down. One of those times was almost enough to give Momma a heart attack!!!!!!!

We were packing up and getting the car loaded and I was helping more than I should have and not keeping a close eye on her. But remember, we were with six other families so plenty of adults. SO try not to judge me too hard....

All of a sudden, someone says "Where is Cass?!?!" PANIC! I look over and she's in the middle of the street walking away (in the campground so not a lot of cars driving around) about 25-50 yards away from our campsite!!!!!!!! I took off running after her and she started tap dancing her little feet getting ready to head off in another direction. I got to her, picked her up, and she started throwing a fit. I whacked her diaper area and she continued squirming trying to get away! Little fart!!! Once I carried her back, I quit helping load stuff and just followed her around until we strapped her in her stroller for a bit. There was no way she was escaping again!

I shudder when I think what could have happened.... but thank God that nothing did. When I got to her, she had a very stinky diaper so anyone who found her would probably have sent her packing!


Anyways, I took a ton of pictures (almost filled the card on my digital) so if I ever get around to loading them, I'll share a couple in a future post... or maybe just add a few to this post.



10 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

My little one runs away like that and it scares me to death!!
Michele sent me. I love your blog. I'll definitely be coming back.

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad your camp trip went well. I use to take my little ones camping all the time even younger then that. Hello, Michele sent me...

2:19 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Your back already? Welcome home!

Glad Cass was okay, I would have totally freaked out if we couldn't find Zoe. Actually, that did happen at the waterpark last week, but we found in the line for the slide. Cripes! GAVE ME A HEART ATTACK!!!!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Here from Michele's.

I love camping, as long as it involves a rigid structure (i.e. a cottage) with some luxuries (i.e. a toilet and shower) and a campfire (i.e. well, a campfire).

7:27 PM  
Blogger Waterfall said...

Hi, Michele sent me. I hike/camp a lot but can't imagine bringing along a little one. Glad she is OK!

7:45 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

Stopping by to say hello. Thank you for pausing at my blog, and I am glad you had a fun time. The fact that you have to mention how to spell your name made me smile...I have to do that all of the time.

I am glad that Cass was okay!

9:21 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

That can be scary. When my little one did that I always wondered just where did she think she was going.

11:27 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Camping with wee ones sounds like an adventure- glad it went well and Miss Cass didn't put herself in any real danger.

Thanks for you comment on my blog (Goofy Girl) :)

11:27 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Glad you survived! And I too am looking forward to pics.

5:40 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Camping is fun! Ve are going tonight. marie and vilhelm always took da pups camping. It's really fun. So glad you had a great time!

Chow, heidi

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home