Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Friday, June 24, 2005

Contacs Schmontacs...

I've worn contacs for the past ten years. The disposable kind. I always wear them a lot longer than I'm supposed to and usually wait till I'm down to my last pair before I make an appointment to get new ones. Last night, my last pair got a tear in the right contac. They were still wearable since the tear was on the edge but they were a bit on the uncomfortable annoying side. So this morning, I made an appointment at Eye Mart. They were able to get me in quickly, thank goodness. I ended up buying four boxes which should last me about a year.

Before the year is over, I am hoping to have laser surgery! I long for the day when I can wake up in the morning and not have to worry about putting in my contacs or glasses. My husband had the surgery done about five years ago. So far, he has been very happy with the results. At the time he had it done, we were both working and did not have children, so money wasn't really an issue. I did not have the surgery done then because at the time, I really wasn't sick and tired of wearing contacs. Not to mention, I was a little on the fearful side.

Now that I'm staying at home with the girls and money IS an issue, NOW I am ready to have the surgery. It figures. We've actually tossed around the idea several times of me getting the surgery but some other expense always comes up and laser surgery takes a backseat. Hopefully soon though we can work it out in the budget and we will be able to afford it. I have to admit, I'm still a little on the fearful/anxious side but I figure if I can make it through childbirth... twice!... lasix should be a piece of cake! Well, maybe not quite that easy but definitely something I can get through.

Any comments on laser surgery?! Pros? Cons? Any tips?!!?

6 Comments:

Blogger HRH Courtney, Queen of Everything said...

Feeling much better, Cathy. Thanks for visting.
Currently a teacher, with one more day of school left (way too many snow days in the Northeast this year)

3:24 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Can't comment on the laser surgery issue, but I can sympathize with the contact problems. I wear my contacts so infrequently these days that they actually bother me when I do wear them.

Michele sent me!

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've never needed glasses, i'm 47 and have reading glasses for the past year or so, and i'm already sick of them. my mom, who is in her 70's just had her eyes done this past spring. yes, it was painful for a few days, be ready for that, but it has made a huge difference to her. i'll probably look into doing it myself once i'm in my 50's. i'm not sure whether you have a drug plan or medical plan or whatever, guess it depends where you live, but here, part of the cost of the surgery is covered in lieu of new glasses, my mom's coverage paid for about 60% of the cost, well worth it paying the difference.
(aka janie q, setting up a new page)

8:13 PM  
Blogger Misti said...

I know 4 people that have had it. They all love it. However my moms is starting to fade away and she needs glasses again.

Michelle sent me :)

10:25 PM  
Blogger millennium hippies said...

i wear glasses/contacts. the laser eye surgery creeps me out so much...have you seen it done? yikes!! but i can't even imagine how BEAUTIFUL it must feel to wake up in the morning and SEE everything! wow... that's gotta be an amazing feeling. but isn't there like a 1% chance or something that you will go blind if the surgery goes wrong? even if it was .0001% chance, that would be a risk i couldn't take.

i have heard you can train your eyes to have perfect sight naturally. i'm going to look into that when i have more time.

good luck with your decision!!

8:29 PM  
Blogger millennium hippies said...

here from michele's btw!

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home