Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Saturday, July 02, 2005

Ramblings

1. So tonight, I'm standing in the door of the pantry looking for some olive oil. All of a sudden, I feel my chubby little 18 month old walk up behind me. Nothing unusual there. But then you'll never guess what she did next!! She bit me on the derriere!!!! Yeah, that's right! Wrapped those little arms around me and chomped down on my tush! LOL My gut reaction was to get on her for the biting so I patted her bottom and said, "No, no!"

My second reaction was an uncontrollable giggle! I mean... how in the world could you not giggle over something that silly! I can now officially say I hope she doesn't come back to bite me in the a$$ again! LOL I went outside where my husband was grilling out and between my laughing, told him about it. He had a good chuckle. Hope it gives you a bit of a laugh too!

~~~
2. Speaking of grilling out... YUM! My hubby recently bought a charcoal grill and he's been figuring out how to cook on it. Today he marinated some steaks and grilled them tonight. Add to that the corn-on-the-cob and salad I made and we had a scrumptious dinner! I never liked steak growing up but I think I would have if it had tasted as good as it did tonight! WTG Hubby!

~~~
3. After dinner, I gave both of my sweeties a bath. Afterwards, I dressed my four year old in her new patriotic pj's we picked up at Wallyworld today.... too cute! Then, we locked little sister
out of the bathroom and I painted our toenails and J's fingernails. I used alternating red AND blue polish in honor of our nation's birthday. J was soooooo excited... she kept calling herself "a Fourth of July girl!" How cute is that?!?! She's still trying to get me to attempt to paint my other cutie's toenails... maybe tomorrow!

~~~
4. Speaking of the Fourth, we've got some fun plans tomorrow (Sunday) to go to my sister's for a cookout. Of course, I'll have my cuties all decked out in red, white, and blue! Last year, I was ambitious and with the help of my neighbor, I MADE both of them outfits to wear. This year, I took the easy way out and found something at Target!

I'm hoping to go to some local fireworks with the girlies tomorrow night. Monday, my day is taken up working at a local festival. My moms' group is doing a face painting booth to raise some moolah so I'll be spending the day attempting to paint flags and butterflies and flowers on little tiny faces! There'll be more fireworks that night... still trying to convince hubby to lug the girls up to the festival for that!

Hope you all have a wonderful blessed weekend! Happy Fourth of July to all my American friends...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And Happy Belated Canada Day to my north of the border friends...

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Here via michele's weekend meet n greet!

10:50 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Sounds like no end to the excitement at your house. Hope your holiday is great. Ours was rained out. That's Nova Scotia for you!

6:51 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

That's hilarious Cathy! LOL! I would have laughed too if Zoe would have bit me in the behind.

We grilled out yesterday, it was the first time all year. Gosh I love having a grill!!!

Zoe's toenails are painted blue with silver glitter. Not my choice, but she insisted. I love having someone to paint my nails with, and they get so excited about it. :-)

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That story did give me a giggle! Happy 4th July. Hope you have a great time!

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have a great 4th of july!

2:22 PM  
Blogger Beanhead said...

I can' beleive she bit you right on the tush...lol

Have a great weekend and be safe!

2:27 PM  
Blogger J Anderson said...

Hello, Michele sent me.

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovin' the grill! We have a great outdoor space here in NYC, and when we go back there and fire up the grill, I pretend we're deep in the woods!

Hope you have a great weekend. Here via Michele's. Come by and visit when you get a chance!

11:51 PM  
Blogger Chyrene Pendleton said...

Soooo funny!! Wonder why she bit you there... :) Thank you for sharing that - I needed the laugh!

12:28 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Happy 4th, Cathy! Check out your little one's teeth aren't too sharp.

Michele sent me your way.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Cute story. We need to see a picture of that manicure job!

10:55 AM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Glad you had such a wonderful weekend. I'll bet your two darlings were adorable in their red, white and blue.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Denise B. said...

My nephew used to run up behind my sister and do that, and it hurt! He didnt' stop until she bit him back!

Thanks for visiting, please come back anytime!

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home