Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Friday, July 15, 2005

Procrastination at its finest

So, here I sit on the computer on a Friday night. Surfing around different blogs, checking email, ebay, bulletin boards I post on, my email again, more blogs.... etc, etc, etc!

There's something else I should be doing that is a bit more important. But I can't bring myself to work on it!

My class project.

If you're a regular reader here, I'm sure you are probably sick of hearing about my stupid stupid project I have to do for a class I took a couple of weeks ago. But believe me, as sick as you are of reading about it.... I am ten times more sick of working on it. Call it a bad attitude. Call me lazy. Call me a whiner. Heck, call me Frank. Whatever.

I just have no motivation to do it. None. So far, I've probably spent at least 15 hours working on it. And I'm probably only about halfway done. The crummiest part of this whole deal is that I'm spending all this time on a teaching lesson plan unit that I most likely will never even use. It's a second grade unit. On the five food groups. And unless I end up getting a job in a second grade classroom one day when I finally go back to teaching, this unit will sit on a shelf or in a box collecting dust.

I think that is the main reason I am having such a hard time getting my brain to focus on doing the project. If I was currently teaching, I imagine it would be a different story.

I know... I know... I need to just suck it up, do the stupid unit, get it over with, and get on with my summer.

Ok.... you convinced me. I'm off to work on it....

Try not to have too much fun without me.

And try your hardest to feel at least a little bit sorry for me. Image hosted by Photobucket.com

20 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

I LOVE your lil' violinist (think that's spelled wrong, but I'm not a teacher, so I can maybe get away with it!).

Neat blog....I love Cathy (credit one of her comics with my having all these kids, it's a long story!)...I'll be back to see more!

Oh, Michele sent me~!

11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, if you are workin' on it... good luck. If you aren't... you will :) I have a hard time focusing on things, too... unless it's something I really wanna do!

My first visit here but I've saw you at Indigo's and others... Michele sent me, tonight :)

11:09 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I would be procrastinating too Cathy. :-/ Are you working on it???

11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL... yep, I'm working on it. And still surfing the net a bit too. So, in other words, still procrastinating. But only half-ass. ;)

11:16 PM  
Blogger Thumper said...

Considering how much I procrastinate (using Spike TV's 5 hours of Star Trek a day to distract me from work) I can't say a darned thing...

Here via Michele's tonight :)

11:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

loving your little violinist!!!!!!
my oldest daughter wants to be a teacher, is this what she has to look forward to?

8:13 AM  
Blogger Panthergirl said...

Oh man... can I relate to the procrastination! I'm supposed to be cleaning out my SUV, getting it ready to sell. Instead? I'm HERE VIA MICHELE!!!!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Misti said...

I hope you get it finished.
I put things off as well. I am great during crunch time tho.

and on a side note, can snag your gymbo blinkie?

hello,Michelle sent me :)

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

misti.... sure thing! :) A fellow gymbo junkie, huh?!?! You must be cool! :)

11:44 AM  
Blogger Lu said...

hey i think we all have one thing in common - procrastinating! i have a zillion things to do but here i sit reading blogs...

btw here via michele

1:40 PM  
Blogger Humor Girl said...

lol! Love your blog...will def. be back! I'll try to read up on the project so I'm up to date. :)

3:11 PM  
Blogger Humor Girl said...

PS Michele Sent me! :)

3:11 PM  
Blogger carmilevy said...

Glad to see I'm not the only one who agonizes over work that just doesn't hit me in the depths of my soul.

I hope you've managed to slog through it by now. My thoughts are with you!

BTW, dropped in from Michele's today. I'm sending my wife - 2nd grade and kindergarten teacher - to your blog as well: she'll totally relate to your writing.

4:00 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

I supose when you were teaching, you would say to your students: don't procrastinate, it is easier to just DO a project than it is to whine and delay it. So pretend you are one of your students - and give yourself a lecture!!

Michele sent me.

4:01 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

And here I am again, Cathy. I didn't see your little violonist the first time - he is cute!

7:19 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

Oooooops. Michele sent me!

7:19 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Feeling very sorry for you!

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a big procrastinator myself, so I can relate. Sometimes you've just got to grin and bear it! As a matter of fact, I'm doing it right now myself! Ergggg!

Anyhow, LOVE your little pity guy! He's reminding me that the thing I'm putting off is PRACTICING MY VIOLIN!

Michele send me. Have a good Sunday!

11:22 AM  
Blogger kenju said...

I'm back, from Michele's. You got skipped, so I am back to say hello.

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sound like me. I love to procrastinate, especially when I get busy reading other people's blogs. BTW Michele sent me.

4:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home