Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Monday, July 25, 2005

Stealing... errr... borrowing a blog idea....

I'm stealing this idea from Indigo... because, well, I don't feel like thinking about something else to write! LOL I'm still up to my eyeballs in the stupid stupid class project I've been working on for the last month. It's due Thursday. Ugh. But I am more than 3/4 of the way done so I'm taking a breather!

Anyways, Indigo did a post the other day re-introducing herself by telling interesting tidbits about her life. Thought I'd try the same thing! Bear with me if it gets too boring! :)

Ok... where to begin?!

*I live in southwest Ohio. Have lived in Ohio my whole entire life. In fact, I grew up a half hour from where I now live. My parents STILL live in that same house they've lived in for over 40 years! All of my siblings lives within 15 minutes of my parents. At a half hour away, I live the farthest.
*I am the youngest of five kids. My brother is the oldest then I have three sisters. My brother cried when they brought me home from the hospital because he wanted me to be a boy!
*My mom was just shy of 30 when she had me. Five kids, 8 and under (and she's still sane... well, for the most part!) At that age, I was just getting married! Didn't have my first bambino till I was just shy of 33.
*My mom wanted to name me Darcy. For some reason, Darcy-With-A-D just doesn't sound right for a blog name! My sisters and brothers talked her out of it and somehow, they agreed on Cathy.
*And for the record, it's just Cathy. Not Catherine. Not Cathleen. Not Catarina. Just plain Cathy.
*I have two adorable little girls (who I write about all the time!).... so this one, you probably already knew!
*Before I was a mom, I was a teacher. I was in one district for five years then moved to another that was better ie. higher test scores! Left there when I went on maternity leave.... and never went back.
*I have to go back to teaching when my girls are in school. I really don't want to. :(
*Some of my favorite movies are Grease, Pretty Woman, Urban Cowboy, and Rainman. I don't so much like Tom Cruise after his recent craziness but I LOVE Dustin Hoffman so Rainman will remain one of my favorite movies. "Course, I'm an excellent driver!" ~ my favorite quote from the movie.
*I'm a country music junkie. LOVE the Dixie Chicks and would LOVE to see them in concert. Also like SheDaisy, Faith Hill, Jodee Messina, just to name a few.
*I'm a messy housekeeper. I try... just don't have the ummmph to keep it sparkling. Might have something to do with my two kiddos.... but I think it also has a lot to do with this computer I'm typing on!
*I have never read even ONE page of a Harry Potter novel. I bought the first one a couple years ago but did not manage to start it before I sold it in a garage sale.
*Same with Lord of the Rings. I have never seen even one minute of any of the trilogy. I don't even know what a hobbit is!
*I'm a lefty. The only one in my family of seven. Rumor has it my dad's dad was a lefty too. I ended up marrying a lefty. Our two kiddos are righties so far. Is that normal?!
*I am a Democrat. My husband is a Republican. Makes for an interesting election year especially since my dad is in politics!
*I donate blood every eight weeks. Just started doing it a year or so ago when I started following the story of a little girl the same age as my little one who was suffering from leukemia. She passed away at 9 months old. Before I "met" her (online), I had never donated blood before. Now, it's a habit.
*I love to scrapbook. Wish I had more time to do it but it's impossible to have all my stuff out without my rugrats messing it up. The only time I get to crop is when I go to a crop at someone else's house! I'm going to a weekend crop in October... can't wait!!!
*I am an ebay addict. Although, I go in spurts. The money I make selling the girls' clothes they've outgrown is my play money. Ninety percent of the time, whatever money I make goes right back into buying more clothes for them. I'm a Gymboree nut.
*I *love* tomatoes. I eat them right out of the garden (well, washed first) with a salt shaker in my hand. My husband does not like tomatoes. This is a good thing. I don't have to share them.
*I used to not be able to share my french fries. Since I've gotten married and had two kids, I've been a little better about it. But make sure you ask first!
*I do not like shrimp. Can't stand the smell, taste, or texture. UGH.
*I have never been out of North America. Went to Canada a couple times... the last time when I was in college.
*I was in a sorority in college. Gamma Phi Beta. I went to Canada to go to a Gamma Phi House up that way. Since I've graduated, I haven't given any money to the sorority, even though I get letters asking for donations.
*I only joined the sorority for the parties... but I met some good friends in the process. Although I am only in contact with one of my sorority sisters and I haven't seen her in over 5 years.
*I used to drink a lot in college. I got sick in every bar there. Pretty sad, huh? Guess that's what happens when you drink cheap beer. Too much cheap beer.

Ok... on that note, I need to get back to the grindstone. Did I mention I'm a procrastinator?!?! Well, I am. I need to get busy on my project so I am going to skidoo!

Tata for now!

9 Comments:

Blogger Misti said...

nice to meet you :) I saw the dixie chicks way back when. geez, i think it was 4 yrs ago. They did rock. Not much of a fan anymore.
I also hate shrimp, any kind of seafood actually.

1:30 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I realized that we have a ton in common...
*I'm a country music junkie. LOVE the Dixie Chicks and would LOVE to see them in concert. Also like SheDaisy, Faith Hill, Jodee Messina, just to name a few.
*I'm a messy housekeeper. I try... just don't have the ummmph to keep it sparkling. Might have something to do with my two kiddos.... but I think it also has a lot to do with this computer I'm typing on!
*I have never read even ONE page of a Harry Potter novel. I bought the first one a couple years ago but did not manage to start it before I sold it in a garage sale.
*Same with Lord of the Rings. I have never seen even one minute of any of the trilogy. I don't even know what a hobbit is!
I could have written all of that!!
I also followed the baby Allie story (I assume that's who you referred to). What a coincidence!

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm a leftie too and so is my oldest daughter!
i'm not a messy housekeeper, i'm domestically challenged, people are nicer to me when the understand it's not my fault. maybe you should get tested.

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep Melissa... it was Allie. :) Where did you learn of her story? I was a member of the babycenter board she posted with.

And wow... we do have a lot in common!

5:23 PM  
Blogger Ramona said...

Cathy! Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Yes, my futire MIL is interesting (both of them!) And, no...I've never been married before!
Love the Dixie Chicks, although I am not a country music fan. I can apprecitate a lot of it though. I love that Tim McGraw song...live every day like it's the last of your life....

9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mimi, Yep... don'tcha remember the commercials, "I'm Darcy, Covergirl Darcy!" Hey, that would have been a good blog name! LOL

9:48 PM  
Blogger Beanhead said...

Hey we have a book about a puppy named Darcy.

It is the boys favorite book.

10:53 PM  
Blogger True Jersey Girl said...

Thanks for visiting me...and it seems from your list that we have ALOT in common!

11:19 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I love to scrapbook too. Come on over to Texas and we shall crop together ;-)

12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home