Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Wednesday, July 27, 2005

French Fries and the Fair

All week long, I've been planning to take my girls to the county fair today. We woke up this morning to rain, rain, rain. UGH! But... YAY... it stopped around 2 to 2:30 so once Roly Poly girl woke up from her nap, we loaded up in the car and drove the half hour to get there. My sister and nephew met us there and my mom and dad showed up after work. We even ran into my other sister and her crew... AND my brother and his crew! A real family afFAIR!

The fair sure is a lot more expensive than it was when I was a kid! I had to pay $12 a piece for the girls to ride!!!! and they only had about 8-10 kiddie rides! Is that ridiculous or what?! Believe it or not, that was a discounted rate since it was kids' day. I cannot believe how much the prices have risen over the last several years. What sucks most is that prices have risen but the quality of the rides hasn't. But you pay what you gotta pay to have fun, right?! The girls had a blast on the rides. So I guess it was worth it! My 19 month old was only slightly afraid on one ride the first time she rode it. The rest of them were a piece of cake!

We started to go through the cow barns... but they stunk so bad we only made it through one before we gave up! C was mooing at the cows! TOO cute! J wanted to go through the pigs and sheep barns but we dodged that bullet pretty easily by promising to head back to the rides.

I, of course, had to get my fair french fries with vinegar and salt before we left. Can't go to a fair without getting them... even though they make me feel like I ate a cup of grease! My sister and I actually comparison shopped for the best french fry deal. Not sure if we got it or not but the fries were sure yummy!

We headed home just before dark. Hubby met us at the car and carried C straight to bed (since I'd been smart and changed her diaper before we left the fair). She went right to sleep... let's hope she stays that way!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

10 Comments:

Blogger Misti said...

aww, what cuties!! Its always pricey for us to go anywhere but always worth the money in the end. I love watching my kids have fun :)
My favorite fair food is the fried zuchini*yum* with lots of ranch, And their HUGE caramel apples.

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the fair, we went to the circus first week of july. i can't believe what that cost too.

9:43 PM  
Blogger Nickle Annie said...

What absoulte cuties!

Hello, Michele sent me.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Ramona said...

There is nothing like steaming hot, crispy, greasy fries...I like em with malt vinegar!
Michele sent me today, but I pop by quite often!

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like a nice day to me! I used to love the fair when I was a kid, but I haven't been in years!

2:10 PM  
Blogger carmilevy said...

Hi Cathy. Michele sent me tonight. Thanks for popping my blog as well - it's nice to see y'all again.

Somehow, the price of the fair pales in comparison to the strength of the memories in your kids' minds. As the MasterCard commercial says, priceless.

They're adorable little munchkins, BTW.

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with bav, thats a very cute photo!

michele sent me

11:12 AM  
Blogger dena said...

Your girls are adorable! $12.00 is a lot better than the $6.00 I pay for one ride when we take my little one to the Boardwalk.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Cute pic. The fair sounds like it was a blast!
I can't imagine the fair being in the summer. The best part is all the food and I couldn't eat all of it if it were hot outside!

1:43 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Here from Ms. Michele's.

Fairs are oh, so cool. Unfortunately, where I live has become more urban and less suburban, so a decent drive is needed to get to one these days. Also, I have to agree with Kitty about the fries -- the more hot and greasy lethal the better.

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home