Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Out with the old, in with the new!

Ok... I admit it.... I am an ebay junkie.

I discovered this wonderful website about 4-5 years ago and have been hooked ever since. I go in spurts where I buy buy buy and sell sell sell.

Right now, I'm currently selling... and once they close, then I will buy buy buy!! Just listed 17 auctions on Monday evening that will end on Saturday evening. These were all clothes that my 20 month old has outgrown. The sad thing?!?! I'm having a hard time letting them go! I've listed some of my very favorite outfits. Many of them are newborn things that I couldn't bring myself to list until now! She just looked soooooooo cute in them! Dang... I wish they fit into their clothes longer!

But they're not doing anything sitting in a tote, right?!?! I figure I might as well pass them on so I can buy more! The money I make on ebay is my play money. Whatever I "earn," I get to spend back buying more. And if I'm particularly in love with a certain outfit, it's always available on ebay in the next size up, right?!!? That is one of my favorite things about the site! I sware.... more than once, J's had same dress in about 4 different sizes!

I've had the clothes packed in totes, waiting to get the motivation to list them. And I finally got around to it last week. It sure does take time getting the pictures taken, cropped and sized down! Then they've gotta be uploaded to a photo hosting site! And finally, I have to get the auctions all set up and written. A few years ago, I bought an auction template off ebay so I can be a bit fancier on my listings AND have as many pictures as I want without incurring additional ebay fees. I've updated the template for different seasons and in the process learned a bit of html (which has come in handy with this here blog!). Finding the time to list stuff is tricky.... but once I do, then the watching fun begins!

When I have auctions listed, I develop an addiction to the "refresh" button! I would venture to guess I check the auctions 20 times a day to see how they're doing! It gets even worse the closer they get to ending! Those last couple minutes..... pure excitement! Ok.... I'm easily excited, sue me! :) The auctions I have up now don't close for three more days and I'm already up to $85. I'm hoping to make around $300 since I've got some hard to find stuff. Cross your fingers for me! Around half of my total sales will go into our bank account and the rest, I get to spend on more clothes! I've already been searching stuff out!

Then.... once my money's spent, I'll need to get busy listing more! Those totes aren't empty yet! That shopping addiction I've developed is hard to curb!

Thank goodness I've found a way to afford it!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have never been on e-bay, ever, my kids use it, i like to shop in person, at the mall, i don't get e-bay.

5:34 PM  
Blogger dena said...

In the Spring of 1999, I quit my job and with 8 weeks unpaid sick and vacation time, as well as an 8 week bonus for staying on a month longer than the notice I had given. I had 16 weeks pay in my pocket, and knew it wouldn't be hard to find another job. And then I found ebay. I quickly became addicted to the pottery section, and was bidding on retro pottery like a madwoman. A few weeks later I decided it was time to find a new job, but I was petrified that a job would interfere in my newest habit. Eventually, the habit died, but every now and again I see the UPS guy driving down my street, and the taste for ebay stirs again. I bid on a couple of things and am satisfied. I guess I wasn't ever really addicted.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Beanhead said...

OOOHH I love ebay and so does my hubby! We sell more than we buy thankfully.

10:00 PM  
Blogger marlynn said...

Oh, ebay is sooooooo evil and addictive. When my son was born I was online all the time, bidding on this, checking out that...I have since curbed my addiction but have thought about selling since you are right - those 0-3 month clothes aren't going anywhere. Tell us how it goes!

12:45 AM  
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Thanks for stopping by my site...don't ya just love Michele's!

Btw, I too love love love ebay! I have found so many things for my Pillsbury Doughboy kitchen through that site. Good luck on your selling!

12:16 PM  
Blogger Arethusa said...

Hi Cathy (with a C) Michele sent me! I love E-bay too, though I'm a more casual buyer and I've never sold anything, but I like the selection and well...auctioning's fun! And you can get some great deals.

Hope all your items sell well!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I love selling on ebay when I have time. It is so addicting!

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

uhh, are you sure you aren't my sibling separated in our early yrs?
I have newborn stuff to list just haven't gotten around to it b/c its all winter stuff. And then i will buy more winter clothes for T.

10:40 PM  
Blogger cube said...

addictions are a b***h, aren't they?

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better safe~ I love to shop at the mall too. Since I don't work, ebay helps me afford it! :)

Dena~ Never have bought any pottery on ebay.... and I don't think I even want to look! Kids' clothes are enough to send me over the top! LOL

Beanhead~ I probably equal out on the selling and buying. I think selling's funner though!

MamaM~ Still one day to go on my auctions and I'm hoping to see them go up soon. :( Not making as much as I'd hoped but that last couple hours are always pretty busy.

Trinity~ A Pillsbury Dough Boy kitchen,huh? Another area I should probably avoid on ebay! LOL

Aruthesa~ Go through your house.... I'll bet you have a ton of things to list. Best part is once they sell, you can buy more!

Melissa~ Yep, addictive. I've been checking my auctions all morning and answering emails from a buyer who wants me to sell some stuff off ebay!

Mrs. Fun~ You think we were separated at birth, huh?!?! LOL Now is a great time to list the winter stuff you have in your totes. That's what all mine is!

Cube~ yep, addictions are a bitch! But better ebay than drugs, huh?!!? LMAO

11:14 AM  
Blogger . said...

Hello, Michele sent me. I love eBay -- the getting rid of old junk AND the getting some cash besides! oh yeah, and the getting new junk! can't forget that! :)

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home