Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Monday, August 15, 2005

I've been slacking

I meant to do a post all weekend and just never got around to it. :(

So, here I am today! My 20 month old is napping and my four year old is watching Finding Nemo! I'm supposed to be cleaning up my messy room and getting clothes organized for my moms' group kids' equipment sale. It can always wait though, right?!?!

This weekend, the girls and I drove about an hour and 15 minutes to meet an online friend and her two kiddos, who are the exact same age as mine! At first we had planned to meet at the zoo.... that is until we realized it was going to be at least 90 degrees outside, with a chance of rain. Now, I don't know about you, but looking at animals all day in the hot humid outdoors is NOT my idea of fun. So we made a change of plans!

We met at a childrens' museum! MUCH much better idea, I must say!! The museum was WONDERFUL!! So much for the kids to do... block building, water play, climbing, hammering, role playing, shopping, pretending, jumping, running, splashing.... and the list goes on! I can honestly say, the kids did not stop the entire day! They went from one thing to another, tossing balls, stacking things, banging on drums. There was never a dull moment!

Within an hour or so, J and my friend's little boy declared that they were going to be best friends forever and ever! How cute is that?! J changed her mind just slightly after he dumped an entire bucket of water on her head! She almost started to laugh until she realized that her head and clothes were soaked!! OF course, I snapped a couple pictures! It wasn't long before her hair was dried and they were back to being buddies!

C and her friend.... well, they didn't fare quite so well! Most of the day, they barely even noticed the other was around! You know that parallel play thing. They were often side by side but didn't really interact much. The few times they did were the times C decided to push him down or hit him with whatever she was holding. Thankfully, there were no major booboos created! And he was fast enough that he could get away from her pretty well!

One thing that did annoy me that day was when another parent tried to parent MY child!!

J was playing with this toy where you rolled balls over a ramp and they came back to you. This little baby (around C's age or younger) got one of the balls. And I guess J tried to take it back. The mother said to her, "YOU NEED to give that ball back to him." (in a snotty, bitchy voice).

Then she looked at me and smiled and I just glared at her. OK, I don't mind that she was telling my child what to do.... it was the way and tone that she said it.

If she would have said, "He was playing with that. Can you give it back?", (or something to that effect) I would have reacted differently.

As it was, I almost needed my can of whoop ass!

user posted image

Don't worry.... I didn't have any other interaction with her. We just moved to another activity!

Before we left, we stopped off at the little ice cream parlor and had a snack! YUM!! All in all, we had a great day.... and I am most definitely taking the girls back! Hopefully soon!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day to me! I try to ignore when strangers try to discipline my kids, but it drives me nuts! This time, I'm here from Michele's!

3:35 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I love your can of whoop ass picture. LOL!

How did you keep from saying something? I doubt I could have kept my mouth shut.

Poor J!!! Having a bucket of water poured over her head. What did you do?

5:05 PM  
Blogger Beanhead said...

Lover the whoop ass pic.

Sounds like a great day!

9:47 PM  
Blogger Beanhead said...

ooops *love

9:47 PM  
Blogger Misti said...

I don't mind others telling my kids not to do some thing or to do something if its respectful. The minute they disrespect my child, mama bear comes out ;)

glad you had such a fun day.

1:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've never heard of that kind of museum, sounds awesome!

5:07 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Dang! I was hoping for a story about you kicking her ass! LOL!

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO Melissa.... I could always make one up! :)

Indigo~ I really didn't have a hard time keeping my mouth shut. Now, if she would have done something else, I probably would have ended up getting kicked out of the place! LOL

Mrs. Fun~ Mama Bear made sure to stay away from the old bitchy bear! ;)

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home