Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Monday, August 08, 2005

There's always a good side...

I would be remiss if I neglected to post an addendum to my last entry.

While I might have been burned by some of my internet relationships, I've also been blessed beyond compare by others. The board I posted about yesterday still contains some ~~wonderful~~ women whom I consider my friends. There are still about 10 of us and after the split, we vowed to be stronger than ever. And we were for a while but then we lost a bit of our steam. When the split happened, it made those of us who were left question a lot of things. Mainly trust. Who was to say it would not happen again... that someone else wouldn't become disenchanted, recruit a few followers, and we'd go through it all over again. Eventually, we realized that that was not going to happen. We refuse to let it.

The posting now is less frequent but we are still there for each other. I feel like I can call on these women if I need a smile or a laugh or a bit of cheering up. And I hope they feel the same way about me. Our lives have changed a lot since we first started posting together and now our kiddos are our #1 priority, as they should be. We still have days where the board is hopping again and I love it.... it makes me remember WHY we were all there in the first place!

I also post on a couple of other boards. Boards which I've made some great friends on! One of them, I've been on since I was pregnant with J! It's still a pretty active list but the conversation has definitely shifted over the years. We've been through the baby stage, the potty training stage, the toddler stage, and currenty, we're in another fun stage... All of our babies are now in preschool and will be heading to kindergarten next year! Unbelievable! We don't only talk about our kiddos though! Actually, one of the members of this group is the friend who introduced me to blogging in the first place, Indigo! Thanks Indigo.... I'm having fun! And a few others from our group also entered the blogging realm when I did.... Beanhead and Mimi! Hi girls! I *know* you'll check in soon! :)

Another board I post on is a bunch of December moms, with kiddos born the same month as my 20 month old. I've only been on this group for about 6 months or so.... but boy, do we have some fun! If I miss a few hours on that board, I definitely have some catching up to do! In the short time I've belonged to this group, I've grown to really enjoy spending time with these ladies. I hope we're still posting together when these kiddos are in preschool!

The internet is an amazing place. The amount of people who meet and form relationships over a cable or telephone wire just astounds me! I have some friends who aren't internet junkies.... I try to explain to them what they are missing, but they just don't get it.

I'm not even sure I get it. But I know that I can't do without it! Even if I have been burned a couple times. Like they say, it's better to have surfed and lost, then never to have surfed at all. Ok, ok, I might have changed the familiar saying a little, but you get the gist!

How about you all? Have you met any of your best friends sitting in front of your computer?!

8 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

I've never met any of mine, but I totally have become addicted to some internet groups. We actually had the same experience that you all did, and it will get better. Trust me.
:)

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've only been blogging a few months, i've come across some interesting webpages that i consider to be my regulars, but i'm not at a point where i would consider any of them to be more than just web reads. i do enjoy the time i spend on the computer doing this and i'm happy to hear that part of your group did remain close. i sometimes wonder if once a trust has been broken whether it can ever really be mended, the doubt is always going to be there.

7:04 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

:-) You are welcome.

Okay, I was at a loss for something to write about today, but I know exactly what it'll be!!! Thanks!! :-)

12:13 PM  
Blogger Beanhead said...

Wait all your friends are not supposed to be online!?!

Just kidding but yes most of my friends are online and I am closer to them and know more about their lives than I do people that have known me since grade school.

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy. Here from Beanhead. I saw you in her blog roll and had to visit, since I, too, am a Cathy-with-a-C, though I go by my given name, Catherine. In the blog world, I am Cathreeno and Blond Girl. I, too, have a little one starting kintergarden this fall (that's her in the picture).

Believe it or not, I met my husband on the internet, quite by accident, in a chat room one night. We talked online for 3 hours, then on the phone for the next 6 and the rest, as they say, is history! We've been together 7 years. Yes, the internet is amazing, isn't it?

11:00 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

Stopping by to say hello....

What a wonderful post. I agree that some wonderful friendships can be formed online. I also feel blessed that so many wonderful people visit me and enrich my online life on a daily basis.

Of course, I am also blessed because I met my Mr. Wonderful online.

This post certainly made me smile. Thank you for that.

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, i belong to a board that has helped me through some tough times. THey are the greatest.

2:31 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

I have made some good friends doing this crazy blogging thing. People who actually are in the same boat as myself, people struggling with the same issues as myself etc....

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home