Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Friday, September 16, 2005

DOH! Stupid Mommy of the Day! ;)

Ok.... so I dropped my cutie pie off at preschool today then decided to go to the scrapbook store and have a look see! I always take forever in there looking around and deciding what I want! Spent about 45 minutes, bought less than $15 worth of stuff, then headed home.

There was a message on the answering machine when I walked in the door.

"Umm... Hi.... this is Mrs. Roth from St. John's Preschool. You signed up to be an aide today... blah, blah, blah (rest of message!)"

HOLY CRAP! I *knew* I was going to be an aide on the 16th. But for some strange reason, my mind was thinking it was NEXT Friday!!!

SO, I called her back, apologizing profusely. It was already 2:05 and preschool gets out at 3:00. They still needed me to come in though because one of the teachers needed to leave early and the extra teacher (who was taking my place as the aide!!) had to take her classroom!

SOOOOOO... I called a friend around the corner and LUCKILY she was able to take my little one. I ran upstairs, changed out of my sweatshorts and tee, threw a cheap dress on the kid (who was still in her pj's!! LOL), dropped her off at my friend's, and was AT SCHOOL by 2:20!!

I felt like such a dork. But they were right in the middle of snack time when I got there so I jumped in with both feet and before I knew it, it was 3:00 and time to pick up my kiddo and head home!

Next month, I promise I'll be on time... that is if they even schedule me to aide again! LOL

11 Comments:

Blogger Ciera said...

I've done the same...sort of...not with kids [I don't have any] but with work...I once walked into the Y fifteen minutes late, thinking I was fifteen minutes early! I was so embarrassed.

Here via Michele's! ;)

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there! (via Michele)

4:22 PM  
Blogger Christi said...

Did you know that "Doh" has officially been entered into certain dictionaries. Defining it as a yell in frustration, or something along those lines.Homer Simpson has another effect on the world =)

Just wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog.

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Oh boy, gotta love those mommy moments.

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

one time, i left my son at a birthday party and i showed up an hour late, i was so sure that the invitation said 3 but it actually said 2, but i didn't find out until after we were on our way home and my son told me he was the only one left cuz i didn't show up when all the other moms showed up. i called and apologized profusely, i was so embarrased, especially because i was just sitting around at home waiting for the party to be over.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Beanhead said...

Cathy too funny. I am sure that they will still use you.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Yeah, scrapbook stores can make you forget just about anything...
You're little girl is a DOLL!

(Michele sent me.)

9:57 PM  
Blogger yellojkt said...

michele sent me.

Sounds like you had your hands full. Schools really count on the volunteers. I know. My wife is a teacher. She loves reliable aides.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

LOL! That's a "DOH" moment. That could happen to anyone though, and I'm LMAO that C. was still her pj's at 2:05pm.

9:10 AM  
Blogger carmilevy said...

Don't knock yourself too hard for this: we all forget stuff. Life's incredibly busy, and if we had a nickel for every time we forgot something, we'd all be able to retire by now.

Other parents, upon receiving the message, would have chosen to ignore it. How you responded says much about your character. Nice save.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

Soooo....I'm curious to know why they didn't stop you on the way out in the first place!

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home