Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Friday, September 09, 2005

Like Father, Like Son

This past week, I got a haircut. I've been wanting to do it for awhile because as my hair gets longer, I tend to always wear it up or pulled back. When it's shorter, I can't do that as easily. Plus I tend to like it more when it's shorter.

My husband didn't want me to get it cut. He prefers for me to have long hair. That's fine but doesn't it matter what *I* prefer?!?! We "discussed" it. Well, I guess I should say, I talked, he ignored me. The end result was that I still wanted to get it cut.

So, I called my sister (who has her own salon) to make an appointment. The night before I casually mentioned it to my husband. His response? None. He just rolled over and went back to sleep. The next morning, he was actually a little perturbed at me before I left.

I got my hair cut anyway. And highlighted.

That night when I got home, my husband looked at me and said, "Your hair looks nice."

No other comment and that was fine. Even if he didn't like it, he told me he did.

SO, the next day, I go over to my inlaws. And there's where I realized that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

His dad looks at me and says, "You got your hair cut."

Me: "yep."

Him: "That's not the way you're going to wear it, is it?!?!"

Ummm.... hello?!?! I'm sitting here, out in public, and that's the way I'm wearing it. So yeah, I'd say this is the way I'm going to wear it. He then proceeds to tell me he doesn't really like it and thinks I look a lot better with my hair long. He goes on to tell me that he tells my mother-in-law to keep her hair long and she does it because he says so. He said I should take his advice and keep mine long.

Yeah, I'll keep that in mind when I make my next haircut appointment.

I'll end by saying that all of my friends have told me that they think my hair looks better shorter.... and they love my new cut. Me.... yep, I'm liking it. My father-in-law did tell me a few days later that it looks nice. But he still preferred it when it was long.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have kicked my father-in-law in the shins if he said that to me. Oh wait, I kicked them to the curb, instead :P

I am sure it looks awesome!

Saw you on Michele's!

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eh, men like long hair. Brings out the Adam in them. ;-)

10:18 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

My father-in-law told me he didn't know why I bothered to wear a bra
since I had nothing in it. Can you believe it?

What is it with men and long hair?

10:54 PM  
Blogger Beanhead said...

Gotta love those people who give you their opinion even when you don't really care what they think...;)

I say wear it how you want. I think I have only ever seen it short.

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where's the picture? I like my husband in longish hair too, but he keeps cutting it so short!

Michele sent me.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

WHAT?????

Mind you my grandmother once said to me " You would think you would be as skinny as a rail with all the running around you do" Yeah ....nice.

10:40 AM  
Blogger kenju said...

Cathy, don't go to Myrtle Beach next week! There is a hurricane which may make landfall near it.

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No worries there kenju! We won't be taking a vacation this summer! :)


I do have to add that my father-in-law and I do get along. I guess he just speaks his mind. He did tell me a couple days later that my hair looked nice but he still preferred it long! Thanks for the opinion Dad! ;)

11:31 AM  
Blogger Doris said...

Hi! Michele sent me :-)

As for your hair - it is nice that your father-in-law is interested enough in you but there is a line to be drawn as to how much comment he can pass!

I love the pic on your blog.... she looks cute :-)

11:45 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I've known you for 5 years now, and you cycle through the long hair/short hair just as much as I do. LOL! Did you want to slug your FIL? ;-)

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what is it with men and long hair? i like to change mine, since i've been married (26 years, i've had everything), it's got to be about what you like, cuz you're the one who has to look after it

5:11 PM  
Blogger ribbiticus said...

excuse me, who's hair is it anyway? as long as you're happy, they shouldn't have a say in it. came via michele. :)

5:58 PM  
Blogger marlynn said...

I don't think many men know how to tactfully respond to women's haircuts, whether they do or don't like them! My husband has only known me with short hair, and luckily puts up with my "I think I'll change my hair again" moods every few months :)

2:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home