Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Sunday, September 18, 2005

Two cats.... free to good home

I have always been a cat liker. I've always enjoyed having cats as pets. When I first moved out on my own years ago, a friend gave me the cutest little kitten. I named him Jasper. A month later I met my husband. Several months later, I got another cat. She was black and actually from the same Momma Kitty as Jasper.

Now here we are, 12 years later and I still have the same cats.

(For you cat lovers out there, I apologize ahead of time for the next couple paragraphs...)

I want to get rid of my cats. I cannot stand them. The reason?!?!

Poop. Every. Single. Day. They have started doing their #2 business on my downstairs carpet. Doesn't matter if their box is as clean as a whistle. They still do it. I cannot even tell you how tired I am of coming down every morning to a pile of crap. As you know if you read this blog even semi regularly, I have two young kiddos. The youngest of the two doesn't get that you are not supposed to pick up a piece of the stuff with your bare hands. On more than one occasion, she has brought me a "trinket" that she's discovered. It's enough to make me want to barf! After we run to the bathroom and scrub her hands that is!

Currently, my cats are confined to a small room with a litter box, food, and water. They've spent the majority of the past week in there. The last straw for me was when I walked into my 21 month old's room a few days ago to get her ready for bed. I was greeted by a fresh pile of pure stink. We locked them up for two days. As soon as I let them out, the next morning, I went downstairs to TWO piles. And the black cat was standing next to one of them. She looked at me, walked closer to it, and started pawing the carpet to cover it up.

Back into the tiny room they went.

Obviously, I do not like the idea of keeping them locked up. They stand at the door and meow to be let out. I know it's a cruel existence to live in a tiny room with no interaction. But what do I do?!?! How do it get them to stop using my carpet as their litter box?!?!

Any suggestions?!!? And PLEASE, no flaming. It's not like I'm dumping them off on the side of the road in the country somewhere. Not yet at least.

Does you have any ideas that might work?!?! Or am I destined to keep cleaning up their piles daily?

(Sorry if you've just eaten before reading this post! ;) )

9 Comments:

Blogger Lish said...

Hi! I'm here from Michele's. Sorry I can't help you with this. I had a cat when I was younger, but he was an outside cat.

3:57 PM  
Blogger yellojkt said...

michele sent me.

Litter boxes are why I can't have cats. I walk and scoop after my dog, but the thought of feces just laying around in my house is too much for me. Hopefully you can find a good home for them.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Beanhead said...

Nope that is why I don't have an indoor cat. I don't have any advice about the pooping problem.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Ick. My cats use the litter box, and THAT gets on my nerves.

Michele sent me!

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a hard choice. They could be acting out for more attention, becuase they don't like each other or want an amusing reaction from the human?

have you talked to a vet yet? Could they be given to someone who lets them run outdoors where poop isn't an issue?

We had to give away our cat once. But it was eitehr the cat's behavioral problems go, the cat goes or me, and it wasn't going to be me,...

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we don't have cats, kids are allergic, so won't be getting any and didn't grow up with cats. maybe try googling it and see what you come up with? my niece is actually reading a book on how to train your cat to use the toilet! don't know if that works though.

6:43 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Cathy, I'd get them both checked out at the vet. I'd bet that it's a urinary tract infection, and it hurts to use the liter box, therefore they think that it's the actual liter box that's hurting them, and then they go somewhere else.

Or, it might be diabetes, which is what Sklyer (my cat) has, and what you are going through is how we found out, only we was peeing too.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

Good times for you! We had a cat that did it on the spare room bed while I was in the hospital having my daughter. Nice welcome home. Not sure why hubby didn't smell it!
Same cat then started peeing in the heat registers....really nice when the forced air kicked in in the winter.
When we moved we took her to the vet/shelter...they will love her until someone takes her.

7:05 PM  
Blogger marlynn said...

Good luck with this. We have one dog and both my husband and I are allergic to cats. Wish I could help!

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home