Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Sunday, October 16, 2005

Back From "Missing in Action" Land

Ok... it's official. I suck as a blogger.

It's been close to a month since I last wrote. And I have no excuse. Well, maybe a realllllllly weak one. See, my computer is broken. And has been since right around the time I did my last entry. So, I've been using my hubby's computer.

Now on my computer, I've got my favorites folders all organized by subject with an entire folder devoted to blogs. On my husband's computer, my favorites are in one folder and most of the sites I visit frequently are not bookmarked. Including all the blogging sites. And I've been too lazy to log into blogger.com and write anything.

Told ya it was a weak excuse.

Tonight I was checking my email and found a link to my friend Mimi's blog. I clicked on it and then clicked on my own blog and seeing it looking so deserted, decided to do a post. I can't let this blog disappear into oblivion when I'm only 4 posts away from my 50th post, right?!?!

So here I am. Ready to update. I've bookmarked my dashboard page AND my blog so hopefully I can get my rear back in writing gear.

This weekend, I went away for the night for a scrapbooking retreat. It was an all day/all the next day event with plenty of uninterrupted time to work on my girls' albums. Between all the snacking, daydreaming, socializing, and few hours of sleep I got, I managed to get 24 pages done!! Not too shabby, huh?!!? I am now caught up to this past Easter in J's book (and now plan to just combine her and C into one family album). C's own book is up to Easter too and I'll continue doing her a separate one until I get to her second birthday (which is in December).

I've been "scrappin" since shortly after I got married, eight years ago. Finished our wedding album then waited patiently (or not so patiently) until we finally had a child so I could do a baby book. It took us awhile to conceive so I even managed to take apart my college (magnetic) album and do a scrapbook of those pictures.

When I was finally able to do a baby album, I went a tiny bit overboard. J's first year ended up being 2 big volumes!! I tell ya... I took pictures of EVERYTHING. I even went as far as to lay on the floor when she first started rolling and I took pics of each move she made until she was on her belly. Then I made it into a scrapbook page. Roll over, Roll over! Yeah, you can call me obsessive. Especially when I mention that I also have the actual bandaids from J's first immunization shots in her album!!

C's first year album wasn't quite as long but she'll never be able to say I didn't take enough pictures!! I'm a picture fanatic. I'd venture to guess I've got at least 3000 pictures on our computer harddrive. And a lot of them are printed and put into scrapbooks!

Scrapbooking is definitely one of my favorite hobbies! I've got a lot of time and lots and lots of money invested in my albums. But it's all worth it when I look through them with the girls and tell them all about the pictures!

How about you?! Any scrappers reading out there?!?! Or any fun, expensive hobbies?!?!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogging IS my hobby. :-)
I sometimes wish I had a week break from blogging 'cause I'm obsessed.
Michele sent me.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!

I like scrapbooking but I think I prefer card making. I feel like I can just whip up a card or two when I have a minute and therefore get somehting accomplished. It would be fun to sit down with friends though and spend a day working on scrapbooks. You should post pics of some of your layouts!

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my hobby is shopping and it can get to be quite expensive, have to watch myself at times.
my youngest daughter (she's 10) started scrapbooking about a year ago. she's already filled two, it's amazing to see what she thinks to put into it. she has a huge craft box filled with different stickers and ribbons and scrapbooking items to work with, if she's ever bored, all she has to do is find a few pictures and she keeps herself busy for hours.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Oh dear, remember when I started Zoe's scrapbook? It was during maternity leave and I was going to scrap one page per month of her life. Well, my child is still only 8 months old according to her scrapbook.

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home