Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~Welcome to my blog!!!~
I am a stay-at-home mom to three kiddos- two girls who are 10 and 7, and our first little boy who will be 5 in October.
It can get a little chaotic around here with all the activity of three kids... but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

Well, at least most days I wouldn't... ;)



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



Friday, October 21, 2005

The Purple Dinosaur Has Invaded Our House...

Quick!! Someone call the big purple dinosaur exterminator!!

My almost two year old is obsessed with Barney.

When my first kiddo was little, we watched Nick Jr. You know... Dora, Blues Clues. Barney was never an issue. She saw him a couple times but never formed an attachment. And I was happy. :) When C came along, Nick Jr continued to be the main channel we watched and Blue and Dora became C's friends too.

This summer, on a whim, I bought a couple Barney videos at garage sales for around $1. I figured what was one more movie added to the gazillions we already had. J watched them a couple times... and C (my two year old) quickly became entranced. She will sit on the couch, totally mesmerized when one of the videos is in. It's actually a great way to get some housework done if I'm being really honest! If there's dancing in the video, C always joins in jumping around in circles. She even knows who Barney's friends are! Whenever she sees a TV, it doesn't matter where we are, she starts asking for Barney. That's a lot of fun when were out and about! LOL She's got a stuffed animal she carries around with her and even a Barney that goes in the bathtub. I am even considering having her birthday party with a Barney theme. Just considering it at the moment.

I have to admit, the videos are kinda cute and I can see why kids like him. But oh my, if I have to sing the I Love You song one more time, I'm going to scream!!

Here's a version I think I like better:

I love you, you love me,
Let's go out and shoot Barney.
With a shot to the head and a fall to the floor,
No more purple dinosaur.

Something tells me C won't like those words though...

12 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Oh that dinosaur! I used to have to listen to that song over and over and over and over....... Have a great weekend!

10:35 PM  
Blogger jennypenny said...

ahhhh run from the scary purple dinasaur.. seriously i think he should be shot. sponge bob is way better :)
here from micheles

10:35 PM  
Blogger marlynn said...

Oh noooooo! I hope that Barney is long gone by the time my son gets old enough to pay attention to him.

At least you have lyrics to sing quietly in your head to keep you sane :)

12:35 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

No...she probably won't!

6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we went through that barney stage with our youngest, it doesn't last that long, but it does feel like an eternity when it's happening. we also watched blues clues, i liked that one, but missed the dora phase. now it's mtv and much music, ALL THE TIME!!!

8:07 AM  
Blogger mw said...

I was living in a mobile home court, and one august night I was sitting outside when I heard a voice singing - several other adults joined in for the chorus line...

"I hate you, you hate me
Let's hang Barney from a tree
and a shot rang out
and barney hit the floor,
no more purple dinosaur"

It was a thing of beauty. Thanks for the funny post!

mw

Michele punted me over here

11:25 AM  
Blogger carmilevy said...

Hi Cathy. Please accept my deepest sympathies. We went through the dreaded Barney phase - three times. I thought we had cleared it when our five-year-old relegated his purple stuffy to the far corners of his bed. But a couple of weeks ago, he insisted on listening to the CD at bedtime. Those songs....migraine-inducing!

11:30 AM  
Blogger The Mistress of the Dark said...

ARGH Barney! Makes me want to go watch Death To Smootchy.

Here via Michele!

11:33 AM  
Blogger ribbiticus said...

hahaha! love your song. i prefer sesame street myself. michele sent me today. :)

12:57 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

I think you need a giant comet to land and remove all the purplr dinosaurs from the land.

Michele sent me here.

1:21 PM  
Blogger dena said...

I am sooooo thankful that Barney wasn't around when my oldest two were little, and even more thankful that my four year old was never bitten by the dinosaur bug.

9:06 PM  
Blogger Olyal said...

Barney drives me crazy!!! Who came up with the idea for a dancing, singing purple dinosaur anyway? When I was a kid Sesame Street suited me just fine. :o)

Michele sent me.

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home